Under general supervision of the Manager, the Institutional Research Analyst gathers, compiles and reports research data. Monitor and track data requests from external agencies, coordinate timely and accurate completion of external reporting and surveys. Assist with planning and communications for the administration of surveys or other data gathering efforts. Support collaborative effort to develop consistent methodologies for reporting institutional data both internally and externally.
- Assist the Manager of Institutional Research to develop and disseminate data related to academic, student, administrative, development programs, data support of strategic planning, accreditation activities, enrollment trends, and required federal and state reports
- Coordinate timely and accurate completion of required reporting; collaborate with various constituencies across campus.
- Preparation/development of data for analysis using relational databases, reporting results and outcomes in support of academic/institutional planning and the broader data needs of the College.
- Gather, compile and report research data using various systems/software
- Verify data and using one or more computer systems and statistical analysis software for the management and analysis of data.
- Provide support for ad-hoc queries from senior administration
- Assist in interpreting and reporting on results of institutional surveys
- Provide data and analyses essential for administrative decision-making
- Minimum degree requirements: Bachelor’s degree; Course work in research and survey methods
- Knowledge of SCT Banner, Argos reporting tool and statistical packages such as SAS or SPSS preferred
- Experience in higher education environment, knowledge of academic programs and organizational structures and familiarity with terminology and fundamental instructional measures is helpful.
- Proficiency and experience with MS Office Applications; spreadsheets, relational databases, word processing, graphics, etc.
- Position requires close attention to detail to ensure data quality.
- Working knowledge of research techniques, methods of preparation for research reports and knowledge of statistical principles and procedures
- Training in applied research and work experience in quantitative research in a higher education or social science area is needed.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment and to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships across the College.
- Must possess strong communication and organization skills.
- Must maintain a high level of confidentially with both internal and externally reported data.
Full year, Full time, Monday -Friday work schedule
Rate of Pay: $15.50-17.00/hour, depending upon experience
Compensation includes a competitive salary range and comprehensive health and dental benefits, generous time off, a tuition remission plan for employees and qualified dependents, retirement plans through TIAA-CREF, and wellness programs including the use of our fitness center.
The College of Saint Rose values diversity and abides by federal, state and local law in admissions, employment and all services and programs provided. It does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, religion/creed, disability, age, national/ethnic origin, sexual orientation or any other condition established by law.
The College of Saint Rose is committed to providing a safe, supportive, and secure environment for the entire college community and upon request, will provide its annual security report. This report includes statistics for the previous three years concerning reported crimes that occurred on campus, in certain off campus buildings or property owned or controlled by the College, and on public property within, or immediately adjacent to and accessible from the campus. This report also includes institutional policies concerning campus security, such as policies concerning sexual assault and other matters. You can obtain a copy of this report by contacting the Office of Safety and Security at 518-454-5187 or on line at http://www.strose.edu/officesandresources/campus_security/safetyreportandcleryact
In order to be considered for this position, you must submit your credentials online. Create a
College of Saint Rose Employment Account
by clicking on the APPLY NOW tab below. You will be able to upload the following documents, which are required for consideration:
Already have a College of Saint Rose Employment Account? Login to add documents or update your account.
- Cover letter, required, as this is an indication of your written communications. Include salary history
The College of Saint Rose - 19 months ago