Forest Pharmaceuticals (FPI)
—a wholly-owned subsidiary of Forest Laboratories, Inc.—manufactures, distributes and sells Forest’s robust portfolio of products, which treat conditions such as depression, anxiety, Alzheimer’s disease, hypertension and fibromyalgia. FPI’s sales force serves practitioners, hospitals, managed care organizations and pharmacies nationwide as the first point of contact for information about our health-improving therapies. FPI also operates manufacturing, packaging and distribution facilities in St. Louis, MO, and Cincinnati, OH, which include customer services and sales representative support centers. With headquarters in New York City, each of Forest’s more than 5,000 employees contributes to our quest to deliver quality products with entrepreneurial spirit, unflagging integrity and deep respect for people and community. Explore your potential to thrive with a career at Forest.
The Institutional Sales Representative is responsible for educating physicians on the clinical benefits of Forest hospital administered products in order to expand product utilization within the institutional setting. This position regularly calls on institutions including Teaching, Community, and Government accounts. These accounts may include clinics, pharmacies, Critical Care units, and other various departments within a hospital setting. Day-to-day responsibilities include calling on a wide variety of health care professionals including Primary Care Physicians, Specialists, Pharmacists, Physician Assistants, Nurse Practitioners, Nurses, Fellows, Residents, and all other health care professionals involved in writing, advising, and/or dispensing products within our portfolio. The Institutional Sales Representative must understand how products are purchased, ordered, and administered in hospitals including formulary process and reimbursement policies in targeted institutions and systems. This position involves working with appropriate teammates (e.g. Managed Care counterparts, External Scientific Affairs) to enhance technical visibility and enhance company visibility in all accounts to maximize sales in the assigned territory.
- Bachelors degree is required.
- Candidates should possess a minimum of 2 years experience in medical and/ or pharmaceutical industry.
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills and to interface with different departments throughout the organization.
- Applies a range of traditional and non-traditional problem-solving techniques to think through and solve issues creatively to improve performance and company effectiveness.
- Ability to build rapport and relationships in an institutional environment to make an immediate impact in front of health care professionals.
- Highly effective organizational skills to balance multiple priorities.
- Candidates should have experience influencing formulary decisions as well as knowledge of the institutional (hospital) sales environment and managed care markets.
- Advanced business analytical skills to identify trends, opportunities and threats to then determine actions to drive business or overcome challenges. Able to adapt to corporate reporting tools.
- Strong documented sales results over time.
- Demonstrates solid clinical product knowledge.
- Computer Skills; Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook.
- Some overnight travel may be required.
- Candidates must be able to successfully pass background, motor and drug screen investigations.
Forest Laboratories, Inc. - 5 months ago
Forest Laboratories doesn't just blend in with the trees. The company develops and manufactures prescription drugs to address a wide...