UALR Functional Title
Institutional Services Assistant / R97576
Facilities Mgmt-Custodial Services
Assist the Institutional Services Supervisor in general cleaning of office buildings, classrooms, laboratories, auditoriums and other areas as required.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Dust mop, wet mop and use upright vacuum cleaner.
- Handle house cleaner carts.
- Empty wastebaskets, replace trash bags and dump trash.
- Dust wipe desk tops, tables, shelves, etc. Some shelves may be over the head in height.
- Replace tissue paper, paper towels and soap.
- Cleans floors by sweeping, vacuuming and mopping as required.
- Cleans restroom facilities, offices and classrooms, including desktops and chalkboards.
- Assists with paper recycle pick up.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of basic cleaning techniques.
- Knowledge of cleaning equipment operation and maintenance.
- Ability to use cleansers and other agents to clean floors and furniture.
- Ability to use housekeeping cleaning supplies and equipment.
- Ability to work independently without close supervision.
- Ability to operate a motorized vehicle.
- Ability to follow oral and/or written instructions.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks and to prioritize assignments.
- Ability to perform repetitive manual work.
- Must be able to work a flexible work shift including nights and weekends for campus event coverage.
Required Education and/or Experience
The formal education equivalent of a high school diploma.
Preferred Education and/or Experience
Background Check Requirements
00 - Criminal Only
Sedentary Work - Exerting 10 pounds: Frequently, Light Work - Exerting up to 20 pounds: Frequently, Medium Work - Exerting 20-50 pounds: Frequently, Heavy Work - Exerting 50-100 pounds: Frequently, Very Heavy Work - Exerting in excess of 100 pounds: Frequently, Kneeling: Frequently, Crawling: Occasionally, Climbing (Stairs, Ladders, etc.): Occasionally, Lifting 5 -10 lbs: Frequently, Lifting 10-25 lbs: Frequently, Lifting 25-50 lbs: Frequently, Lifting 50 plus lbs: Frequently, Carrying 5-10 lbs: Frequently, Carrying 10-25 lbs: Frequently, Carrying 25-50 lbs: Frequently, Carrying 50 plus lbs: Frequently, Pushing/pulling 5-10 lbs: Frequently, Pushing/pulling 10-25 lbs: Frequently, Pushing/pulling 25-50 lbs: Frequently, Pushing/pulling 50 plus lbs: Frequently, Sitting for long periods of time: Frequently, Standing for long periods of time: Frequently, Speaking; Essential, Hearing: Essential, Vision: Ability to distinguish similar colors, depth perception, close vision: Essential, Walking - Short Distances: Frequently, Walking - Moderate Distances; Frequently, Walking - Long Distances; Frequently
Spends approximately 75% or more time indoors, Exposure to vibrating movements of the extremities or whole body, Hazards - definite risk of bodily injury, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, electrical current, etc.
Posting Detail Information
Background Check Statement
This position is subject to a pre-employment criminal background check. A criminal conviction or arrest pending adjudication alone shall not disqualify an applicant in the absence of a relationship to the requirements of the position. Background check information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
UALR EEO Statement
The University of Arkansas at Little Rock is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and actively seeks the candidacy of minorities, women, veterans, and persons with disabilities. Under Arkansas law, all applications are subject to disclosure. Persons hired must have proof of legal authority to work in the United States.
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
University of Arkansas at Little Rock - 14 months ago