Instrument/ Electrical Technician duties will vary, but include troubleshooting control circuits, troubleshoot and repair electric and electronic circuits, programmable logic controllers, motors, breakers(480v, 4160v, and higher), transformers, power supplies, generators and exciters, lighting, telephones and paging system, H.V.A.C., process instrumentation calibration and repair, interpret drawings/instruction manuals, etc. Preventive maintenance; perform rigging needed to lift, move and position heavy equipment; communicate technical information; operate manual, pneumatic, hydraulic, and electrical tools as well as test equipment; operate motorized equipment such as lift trucks, winch trucks and overhead cranes.
The successful candidate must exhibit pride in their work through accuracy, neatness, quality and cleanliness. They must be able to work in a team environment, showing integrity and respecting people at all levels. They must be able to communicate in a clear and concise manner using appropriate language. They shall complete mandatory safety training and follow and promote all safety practices.
The I/E Tech works a varied schedule covering all working shifts and all days of the week.
The I/E Tech must be flexible, working overtime and off shifts as required.
- All applicants will be expected to pass a Journeyman I/E written and performance exam.
- Must provide documentation to support their instrument and electrical experience.
- Ability to work shift work.
- Ability to climb ladders, lift and carry heavy loads.
- Ability to work in areas involving heights, enclosed spaces, and near or above water.
- Must be available and willing to work overtime.
- Possess a working knowledge of mathematics and physics.
- Possess patience and ability to exercise care when working with small and precision parts.
Salary: . Date posted: 02/15/2013
- Associate Degree in Electronic Engineering Technology or 2 year degree/certificate equivalent.
- 30 months experience in instrument and electrical maintenance in a power plant or heavy industry (Power Plant experience preferred)
- Must possess basic computer skills needed to perform job functions as needed in a computer based maintenance system.
PowerPlantPro - 17 months ago