Posting Job Title Instructional Designer/Developer Requisition # 140478BR Posting Location Charlotte, NC, US Area of Interest Graphics/Design
Position Type Full Time Posting Job Description Time Warner Cable East region Human Resources Department currently seeks an Instructional Designer located in Charlotte, NC. Below please find a brief description of the essential duties and responsibilities required to function successfully in this position.
This hands-on position is responsible for the design, development and implementation of training solutions created for customer facing employees, supervisors and field partners; primarily for Business Services. Project management including project planning, execution, measurement and follow up is essential. This position requires the Instructional Designer to work closely with their Learning Development & Inclusion partners, Regional Leadership, Product Management teams, vendors and other business stakeholders to develop enterprise-wide training courses that address corporate goals and objectives. To be successful, this individual must have solid experience designing and developing learning materials. Attention to detail while managing multiple projects is a must.
Essential Job Functions:
- Conduct course needs analysis to validate learning needs. Work in a virtual team to design and develop learning solutions using a blended approach that includes instructor led, web-based self-paced, on-the-job training tools, coaching verifications, etc.
- Collaborate and partner with team members and subject matter experts from various field operations and corporate departments in an effort to develop dynamic learning solutions.
- Manage projects to come in on time, on budget, and with quality.
- Ensure that all learning solutions are in line with our business strategies and can be measured to show return on investment.
The above list of duties and responsibilities is intended to describe the overall nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. The list is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or skills that may be required of individuals in this position.
- Proven competency in instructional design with expertise in the development of blended learning - instructor led, self-paced, web-based, etc.
- Strong project management skills applied in a business/corporate environment.
- Experience in all phases of the instructional design process.
- Superior knowledge of authoring tools, usability and functionality testing methods, as well as course and learner evaluation methodology.
- Experience with Toolbox, Dream Weaver, Flash, Adobe Photoshop, Sony Sound Forge, Articulate and Macromedia Captivate.
- Experience in curriculum design, content development and training best practices.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work well with others.
Education and Experience:
- Master's degree (M. A.) or higher in Instructional Design or Instructional Technology and 2-4 year experience in Instructional Design preferably in a business environment or equivalent training, education and experience.
Requires adherence to Time Warner Standards of Business Conduct. Position must assist in maintaining the confidentiality of customer and business data at all times.
The physical demands for this position are typical to an office environment and must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Time Warner Cable offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, tuition reimbursement, courtesy cable (in specified areas).
Time Warner Cable is the second-largest cable operator in the U.S., with technologically advanced, well-clustered systems located in five geographic areas--New York State (including New York City), the Carolinas, Ohio, Southern California (including Los Angeles) and Texas. Time Warner Cable serves more than 14.7 million customers who subscribe to one or more of its video, high-speed data and voice services. Time Warner Cable Business Class offers a suite of phone, Internet, Ethernet and cable television services to businesses of all sizes. Time Warner Cable Media Sales, the advertising arm of Time Warner Cable, offers national, regional and local companies innovative advertising solutions that are targeted and affordable. More information about the services of Time Warner Cable is available at www.timewarnercable.com, www.twcbc.com and www.twcmediasales.com.
Time Warner Cable is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V/Drug-free Workplace.
FCC Unit_TWC 0589 Controlling Establishment ID 00019 - Charlotte Arrowood
Time Warner Cable - 21 months ago
Time Warner Cable (TWC) makes coaxial quiver. The company is the #2 US cable company, after Comcast, with operations in 28 states. Its core...