The Community College of Aurora is looking for an instructional designer/technologist to work in the department of online learning. The individual hired will promote effective use of learning technologies for online classroom use and work with instructors in course design, including the use of online technologies. This person must perform as a member of a team, as well as possess the ability to work independently. Competitive candidates will be creative and energetic, with a passion for student and faculty success and an enthusiasm for teaching and learning technology in the classroom and online. Additionally, they will have the ability to learn new technologies quickly. They will be able to handle multiple tasks and deadlines while maintaining the requirements and integrity of the department.
Duties and Responsibilities:
In order to perform the essential functions of this position, the individual must possess the ability to effectively communicate, concentrate, analyze data, pay attention to detail, retain learned knowledge, instruct/teach demonstrate strong organizational skills and demonstrate strong interpersonal skills.
- Work independently and collaboratively with subject matter experts and staff to design, develop, and redesign innovative and engaging web-based courses and programs
- Provide expertise in the development and maintenance of effective instructional design models.
- Provide expertise in the development of appropriate instructional pedagogies through interaction with
- instructors in both one-on-one sessions and via faculty development workshops
- Develop and teach professional development workshops covering both technical and pedagogical issues
- Troubleshoot issues reported by instructors, students and staff
- Develop multimedia for use in online courses and in the classroom
- Train and assist faculty on all functions of the learning management system and other instructional technologies, such as podcasting, lecture capture, web conferencing, learning object creation, student response systems, interactive whiteboards, and other online content, as well as utilizing Web 2.0 technologies where appropriate.
- Provide support for students and faculty in the use of educational technologies.
- Assist faculty individually, and through workshops, in the integration of different forms of technology into their curriculum.
- Provide hands-on assistance to faculty in the use of instructional and computer technologies.
- Supervise work study students and D2L Help Desk Staff
- Understand Learning Management Systems and help train faculty in the effective use in the online class
- Other duties as assigned.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
REQUIRED Qualifications: (In order to advance in this search process, your resume must demonstrate that you meet all of the following required qualifications)
- Demonstrated ability with Microsoft Office
- Must demonstrate excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
Working with subject matter experts
- Master’s Degree in Instructional Technology, Educational Technology, Computer Science or related field. Note: A Bachelor’s degree in one of these areas AND two years of equivalent work experience may be substituted.
- Two years of professional experience in designing and developing face-to-face and/or online courses that must have included:
Working with a learning management system, preferably Desire2Learn
Experience in course development, course conversions, and online delivery
Demonstrated understanding of learning theory and instructional systems design
Demonstrated ability with course design, and multimedia skills
- Must demonstrate knowledge of various forms of multimedia such as DVD, Streaming Video, and other digital media.
- Work must be completed on-site and this individual must be willing and able to conduct workshops during the days, evenings and Saturdays.
By submitting an application for this announced position, applicants are certifying that all statements, information and documents provided are true, complete and correct to the best of my knowledge and are made in good faith. Further, applicants understand that omissions, misleading, false or untrue information, or any attempt at fraud or deceit in any manner connected with this application and/or subsequent testing may result in them not being considered for jobs with the Community College of Aurora; may constitute grounds for discipline and/or termination after hire; and/or constitute grounds for further actions pursuant to law.
- Experience working with subject matter experts in developing online courses
- Higher education experience preparing and delivering faculty and staff training in a variety of formats
- Experience in a community college setting
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively
- Experience teaching online
- Experience in HTML and Cascading Style Sheets, and Adobe Flash
The Federal Clery Act (The Student Right to Know and Campus Security Act of 1990) requires all institutions of higher learning to make available to prospective employees our agency's Annual Security Report. A copy of this information is available on the CCA website at http://www.ccaurora.edu/students/student-right-know . A paper copy of this report can be obtained at the College Security Office upon request. This report includes statistics for the previous three years concerning crimes that occurred on campus or on property controlled or owned by Community College of Aurora, as well as public property within, or immediately adjacent to and accessible from, our campuses.
Salary Range: Salary placement will be based on education and experience, but the maximum salary placement will be no higher than $54,500.00. CCA offers an excellent benefit plan. Leave and holiday benefits are also included. For more information on the insurance benefits, click on the following link : Benefits .
Deadline to Submit Application Material: This position will remain posted until October 9, 2013 . Resumes received by the application deadline will receive priority consideration. Please note that any resumes received after this date will be held on file, and will only be forwarded if the committee requests additional resumes for review.
Application Process: To apply, please email a cover letter specifically addressing the position requirements and a professional resume to the Human Resources Department at HR@CCAurora.edu .
If you have questions regarding this position, we do request that you send an email
- to HR@ccaurora.edu
Notice to all Applicants:
Proof of eligibility to work in the United States must be produced within three (3) days of hire.
Direct deposit of payroll is a condition of employment.
Final candidate is subject to a criminal background check prior to final selection process.
Final candidate is required to submit official transcripts to Human Resources within fourteen (14) days of hire.
- CCA is affiliated with the Colorado Public Employees Retirement Association (PERA) and as such, employees contribute to PERA in lieu of Social Security for retirement benefits. For more information, visit www.copera.org .
- Former employees of the Colorado Community College System or one of its 13 colleges, who were disciplinarily terminated or resigned in lieu of termination, must disclose this information in your application material.
Community College of Aurora - 17 months ago