Are you a college student looking for an internship this summer? Are you looking to gain valuable hands-on experience? Do you want to work on challenging projects? Do you want to network with professionals to develop skills beyond what you can learn in a classroom? If yes, then an internship at Publix may be the perfect fit for you.
Our Summer Internships will occur from May 20th through August 2nd at our company facilities in Lakeland, FL. Interns are offered competitive pay and are generally expected to work 40 hours per week, although this varies by department. We partner with Florida Southern College to provide housing for our out-of-town interns. As an intern, you will attend luncheons with Publix executives, participate in a local community service event, enjoy several after-work socials, receive performance evaluations twice during the summer to evaluate your progress, and give an end-of-summer presentation to a large group of Publix leaders. Interns leave Publix at the end of the summer knowing they have made a valuable contribution to the organization with an experience that helps them grow professionally and personally.
The primary responsibilities for this position include:
• writing, organizing, and editing technical and process related documentation
• designing, writing, organizing, and editing training programs and materials; reviewing and summarizing current trends in staffing and performance measurement practices
• conducting training needs assessments (identifying training problems and breaking down complex concepts and processes into component parts to be trained); participating in needs assessment exercises related to staffing and performance measurement processes
• interviewing subject matter experts at multiple levels of the organization to obtain training content or job analysis information.
• participating on cross-functional development teams and performing training related project tasks
• planning project tasks and creating project plans (organizing and prioritizing tasks from multiple projects into personal weekly and monthly plans)
• creating PowerPoint presentations and other visual design components of a training program, and
• creating assessment items to gather associate feedback on process updates.
The required qualifications for this position include:
• must be a rising Junior or Senior majoring in Psychology, Instructional Design, English, Journalism, Adult Learning Theory, or Structured Writing and Grammer/Mechanics
• basic knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• superior writing skills - demonstrated strength in designing, organizing, and writing material from scratch
• strong analytical skills - ability to identify problems and break down complex concepts and processes into component parts to be trained
• strong initiative and ability to work independently (comfortable asking questions and making suggestions without being prompted, willing to work with vague or limited information, comfortable with limited direction from others)
• ability to effectively and efficiently interview subject matter experts at multiple levels of the organization
• strong verbal communication skills - ability to communicate professionally with all team members and encourage team cooperation without sacrificing independent thoughts and contributions, as well as ability to consistently interact professionally with a culturally diverse audience at all associate levels, and
• ability to plan, organize, and prioritize projects and tasks into personal weekly and monthly plans.
Once your application has been successfully submitted you will receive a confirmation email.
Please be sure to monitor your email daily for communications you may receive during the recruiting and selection process for this position.
• Free hot lunches (buffet-style) at facilities with a cafeteria
• Paycheck direct deposit option
• Credit union
Year End Bonus
Publix - 12 months ago
Careers at Publix
If you think shopping at Publix is a pleasure, try working here!
It's very satisfying to work for – and to be...