The Instructional Designer is primarily responsible for leading the design and development of engaging and highly effective training programs using proven adult learning methodologies. This would include the development of classroom, online and blended learning solutions. This includes creating, updating and redesigning instructional content.
• Oversees and or develops program materials, including:
o Participant guides, leader guides, manuals, etc.
o Complex online training programs
o Webinars and web conferences
o Games and simulations
o Train the trainer materials.
o Other supporting documentation
• Acts as project lead on instructional design projects
• Conducts research/analysis to identify training needs.
• Works with subject matter experts to design training curriculum which includes: creating course objectives and content designs/storyboards.
• Evaluates the impact and effectiveness of training content and materials.
• Conducts or supports pilot/beta tests to ensure effectiveness of developed programs and compatibility with other systems.
• Researches and evaluates new training technology, tools and best practices.
• May assist trainers with other projects as needed.
• Punctual arrival and attendance at the Company’s facility or appropriate off-site location.
• Bachelors Degree in related field.
• Instructional Design Certification preferred.
• Master’s degree in Instructional Design or related field preferred.
• Five or more years experience designing and developing blended learning solutions.
• Experience with instruction design theories and adult learning principles.
• Demonstrated experience leading projects or teams.
• Demonstrated experience with building/using online learning authoring systems preferred.
• Experience with learning management systems.
• Skilled in the use of Microsoft Office.
• Effective Communication- Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills and capability to work effectively with all levels of the corporation, executives and key decision makers or account representatives. Able to involve and influence others to lend their support in an effort. Can establish effective working relationships with internal and external business associates.
• Strong Applied Learning Skills – Assimilates and applies new job related information in a timely manner.
• Strong PC Skills (Word, Excel, Access).
• Time Management- Recognizes that time is a resource and allocates appropriate time to meet changing priorities within the defined timeline.
• Strong project management experience with the ability to manage and coordinate multiple initiatives simultaneously.
• Customer Focused
• Emotional Resilience
• Energy and Enthusiasm
• Proven ability to achieve results
• Ability to select and use a variety of techniques to determine appropriate instructional content.
• Ability to analyze technology and determine its appropriate use.
• Ability to promote collaboration, partnership and relationships among participants in a design project.
• Creativity & Innovation
• Technical Skills & Knowledge
• Planning & Prioritizing
• Analytical problem Solving
• Attention to Detail
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
• Performs work in an office environment.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Medical Mutual of Ohio - 21 months ago
Medical Mutual of Ohio is a not-for-profit managed care company that provides health insurance products and related services to some 1.6...