This position provides operational and training support to PSI Procurement as needed. This position serves as a resource to the Procurement management team, providing a quality assurance function on communications and information sharing. Organizes dissemination of tools, templates and guidance documents across PSI. Documents established practices and workflow for the Department and manages wider organizational sharing of best practices. Identifies tools for outreach, support and capacity building in coordination with Procurement staff. Develops and organizes training modules and presentations and provides a quality review for communications. Works to the highest ethical standards for procurement support and facilitates sharing of best practices and tools. This is short term position with anticipated duration of 6 months.
SCOPE OF WORK:
Design and implement a strategy for teaching/training/communicating the Procurement Department's roles & responsibilities and organizational value-add to the organization
• Work with subject matter experts at HQ to develop understanding of the role of the Procurement Department at PSI as basis for outreach and organizing key documents
• Conduct early analyses of the various target audiences (HQ and field)
• Document baseline for the degree to which target audiences understand the role of the Procurement Department at PSI
• Inventory PSI communications tools and document how different mediums are used to organize and communicate information at PSI
• Create a proposal for how best to address gaps in understanding
• Design a plan to implement agreed proposal
Organize intranet communications to clearly articulate key messages and provide access to necessary tools and information
• Collect information and files earmarked to be published on the Procurement Department's intranet site
• Revise content as required to ensure messages are clear and free of jargon
• Create templates for basic procurement and logistics manuals
• Make recommendations on organization of documents and metrics, outreach plans and timelines
• Create an intuitive intranet space
Job Description - Requirements
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
• Professional qualification or equivalent experience in the design, delivery and evaluation of training
• Experienced in capacity building and advisory work
• Ability to use technology in the design and delivery of learning and development solutions
• Demonstrated project management and organizational skills - especially with time-sensitive work.
• Ability to compose in a creative, logical, and concise manner presentations, training modules, reports or other written documents based on analysis of information
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Highly developed collaboration, management, and leadership skills
• Demonstrated experience in exercising discretion and judgment
• Proficiency in MS Word and Excel
• Knowledge of procurement concepts, purchasing and logistics is a plus
• French foreign language ability in speaking, reading and writing preferred
• Knowledge of international development work, health programs a plus
• Familiarity with donors such as UN agencies, World Bank, Global Fund, DFID and KFW and foundations is preferred.
Please apply online at www.psi.org. No calls or emails please.
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation or disability.
Population Services International - 15 months ago
PSI is a non-profit organization that applies commercial tools to a social mission in order to achieve measurable health impact. Since 1970,...