Provides expertise in adult learning practices and methods to develop and enhance instructional curriculum. Possesses high attention to detail, strong written and oral communication skills, and proficiency in Microsoft Office applications. Possesses experience in research and identification of high quality learning solutions within academic, industry, and Government organizations which can be leveraged to address organizational learning needs.
- B.A., B.S. in Instructional Design, Instructional Technology, Education, Distance Learning, English, or Human Performance Technology, or significant commensurate years of relevant experience designing, developing, and implementing learning solutions.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in an educational, corporate training, or professional services environment with an emphasis on e-learning and multimedia technologies.
- Experience leading other ISDs in the performance of all aspects of instructional design for e-Learning and Distributed Learning environments, including management of client deliverables within budget and schedule requirements against defined milestones and deadlines.
- Ability to develop a basic subject-matter understanding through materials provided and individual research/collaboration with course/content stakeholders.
- Demonstrated writing, editing, proofreading, and formatting of customer-ready materials.
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Project).
- Experience authoring and editing web and computer-based training materials using Captivate, Presenter, or equivalent applications.
- Ability to design, develop, and implement instructional materials and solutions following defined processes, including electronic job aids, structured courseware, and informal learning content.
- Experience defining, developing, and assessing Sharable Content Objects (SCOs).
- Experience collecting, compiling, analyzing, and synthesizing information to determine learning needs and learning
- Willingness to work with instructional technology and distributed learning solutions.
- Ability to apply cognitive science and human factors engineering to the design of web-based training
- Experience and/or familiarity with e-Learning standards, including SCORM and Section 508 requirements, web usability standards and practices, and evaluation models, including Kirkpatrick.
- Experience authoring and editing Web- and computer-based training materials using Adobe Creative Suite applications (Flash, Dreamweaver).
- Ability to manage content on learning management systems (Plateau) or content management systems (SharePoint) as required.
- Working knowledge of the Intelligence Community and NGA.
- Industry learning related certifications such as ASTD CPLP and Kirkpatrick.
- Ability to effectively communicate processes and procedures to faculty as they begin to leverage instructional technologies within curriculum.
- Familiarity with the Council on Occupational Education (COE) accreditation standards and policies.
- Ability to determine and document process and information flow maps using tools such as MS Visio.
EOIR Technologies - 7 months ago