Management Concepts, Inc. is currently recruiting for Instructors to join our Acquisition & Contracting Division. Full-time opportunities are available as well as opportunities as Independent Contractors. In this role, you will provide student-focused, competency-based, live classroom instruction in federal acquisition and contracting subjects to federal contracting and program/technical personnel. Our students are from federal civilian agencies, the Department of Defense, and/or the private sector. Travel is required. Duties & Responsibilities:
Necessary Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Present 2, 3, 5, and 10-day courses to groups of up to 35 students.
- Apply principles of adult learning in course presentations.
- Deliver courses in accordance with instructor guide, student materials, and published course descriptions.
- Adhere to course schedules.
- Provide feedback on materials to curriculum development staff.
- Deliver client-specific versions of courses in group on-site presentations.
- Candidates must possess current knowledge, skills, and abilities in the federal contracting duties outlined in the Federal Acquisition Regulation, and other related publications.
- Cradle to grave contracting experience is desired, including acquisition planning, solicitation, source evaluation and selection, contract administration, and closeout.
- Familiarity with different types of federal contracting vehicles and contract types is desired.
- Experience with performance-based contracts is a plus.
Bachelors degree is required, advanced degree preferred.
Candidates should have completed a minimum of 24 semester hours in any combination of the following fields: accounting, business, finance, law, contracts, purchasing, economics, industrial management, marketing, quantitative methods, or organization and management.
Work Experience: At least 10 years of recent experience in a federal contracting environment. Additionally, having earned a DAWIA (or FAC-C) Level III Certification in Contracting, or having held an unlimited contracting officers warrant is desirable.
Instructional Skills: Recent instructional or presentation experience a plus. Before teaching, candidates must complete an instructional skills course focused on delivery of student-centered training or have completed such a course within the past three years.
Management Concepts - 13 months ago