Under the supervision of the Associate Dean/Instructional Manager, the instructor is responsible for providing instruction to students within the assigned and approved instructional delivery system and in accordance with the mission, goals, policies and procedures of the District. The instructor is responsible for providing an active learning environment to enable students to demonstrate course competencies, and creating a student learning centered environment that places learning at the center of educational experiences.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities (include, but not limited to):
Requires strong organizational skills, good communication skills, ability to effectively deliver instruction, and incorporate technology into teaching of instructional materials. Must be accessible to students and maintain positive relationships with industry-related organizations and businesses. Duties include, but are not limited to, curriculum development and evaluation, committee assignments, student recruitment, and student advising. The successful applicant will be responsible for competing requirements to obtain and maintain a current teaching certification from the Wisconsin Technical College system Board. Final candidates interviewed will be required to provide a teaching demonstration.
1. Bachelors Degree plus 2 years of current occupational experience related to automation systems design and integration OR 7 years occupational experience and training in the field of automation systems. Masters Degree desirable.
2. Eligibility for Wisconsin Technical College System Teacher's Certification.
3. Demonstrated ability to plan, organize and instruct quality education programs.
4. Must be able to relate successfully with students and staff of diverse cultural, social, and educational backgrounds.
Interviews will immediately follow posting period.
Please attach the following required documents:
1. A cover letter addressing the position and qualifications stated above.
2. Current resume.
3. Unofficial copies of transcripts
Final candidates interviewed will be required to provide a teaching demonstration.
The successful applicant will be responsible for completing requirements to obtain and maintain a current teaching certification from the Wisconsin Technical College System Board.
Salary is listed to the midpoint of the range at 2011-201
Waukesha County Technical College - 2 years ago