1. He/she is responsible for adhering to the prescribed, authorized lesson plan and providing an environment conducive to the learning experience including supervision of participants and assessment of participant skill levels in order to assist them with reaching their full potential and achieving life goals by utilizing Paxen methodologies.
2. The incumbent will present educational information to participants in a clear, effective fashion using a variety of teaching aids such as black board, flip chart, overhead, etc., on a regular basis. She/he will address questions or concerns and utilize training and instructional methods that reinforce learning. It is expected that the Instructor use past experience and best practices from their professional experience to enhance the learning experience.
3. She/he will utilize effective classroom management skills; assist, advise and counsel a diverse student population with regard to program policies and standards while demonstrating sensitivity to student needs and circumstances; performs routine follow-up with participants as it relates to education and employment.
4. The instructor is responsible for periodically administering orientation sessions and providing participants with the necessary program information i.e. enrollment packets, curriculum information, etc.; additionally, he/she may supervise participants during the work-based projects or work experience activities and in some instance be required to attend training on counseling techniques in order to further assist the participant population.
5. He/she attends mandatory training sessions and regularly conducts educational presentations about Paxen Learning’s business model in order to further develop Paxen’s business network and relationships.
6. The instructor is responsible for filing and maintaining thorough, accurate participant records including assessments, assignments, tests, reports, performing data entry and other program related information as required; conducts case management sessions and maintains case notes as required by the funding source.
7. Conducts ISS reviews and updates as required by the funding source.
8. Assists the management staff in dealing with the day-to-day operations of the site as assigned.
9. Perfoms other related duties as assigned.
Please note: This position is pending contract funding.
These specifications are general guidelines based on the minimum experience normally considered essential to the satisfactory performance of this position. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform the position in a satisfactory manner.
1. Bachelor’s degree in education; or a Bachelor’s degree in any discipline and one year of work experience in training or teaching small group instruction and/or direct experience with at-risk population.
2. Exceptional oral, written and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to apply common sense to carry out instructions and instruct others. Must be able to read and follow lesson plans or guides; utilize effective classroom management skills; present educational information to participants in a clear fashion, address questions or concerns and utilize effective training/instructional methods to reinforce learning.
3. Excellent organizational, time management and team building skills.
4. Professional in interactions with co-workers, participants, funding sources, the community and in appearance; refrains from any conduct that would negatively impact the program or Paxen’s reputation.
5. Possess the ability to work with minimal supervision while performing duties.
6. Must successfully pass a criminal background check and possess a valid driver’s license and insurance if required for the position.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the essential functions that will be required of position given this title and should not be construed as an all inclusive declaration of duties and responsibilities. Specific job-related duties assigned will be consistent with the essential functions listed above and should not be construed as expanding a particular position’s role, scope, FLSA status, or grade.