Carnegie Mellon University is seeking a part-time Spinning instructor in its recreational and fitness program. Responsibilities include administer leadership role of the Spinning class by instructing groups specific to spin exercise activities following strict guidelines and protocol set by the Coordinator of Fitness. Demonstrate Spinning techniques and methods of participation. Lead classes in exercise, responsible for sign-in and issue of equipment, create safe teaching environment. This is a part-time, hourly position per available classes. Qualifications: Position requires a high school diploma and education in the field of Spinning instruction plus six or more months teaching in a group or one-on-one training in the field of Spin instruction; accredited nationally recognized certification in field of instruction; CPR/AED. College degree with 2-3 years of teaching is preferred. Please upload a letter of application and resume including three references for Job #100022 at: http://www.cmu.edu/jobs/ No phone calls please. Carnegie Mellon is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Education: High school education and educated in field of instruction
- Licenses: Accredited nationally recognized certification in field of spinning instruction. CPR/AED
- Experience: Six or more months of teaching in a group setting or one-on-one training in field of spinning instruction.
- Skills: Mobility
- Physical Mobility: Ability to perform exercises in area of instruction
- Education: College degree or minimum 2 years teaching in their field
- Licenses: National accredited certifications
- Experience: 2 - 3 years or more teaching
- Skills: ability to perform class skills comfortably and with professionalism
- Physical Mobility: should possess above-average physical skills
Regular Part Time
ATHLETICS & PHYSICAL EDUCATION
Minimum Education Level
Carnegie Mellon University - 14 months ago