About TSTC :
TSTC is the only state-supported technical college system in Texas. TSTC’s statewide role and mission is to efficiently and effectively help Texas meet the high-tech challenges of today’s global economy, in partnership with business and industry, government agencies, and other educational institutions. If this is a mission you could support and help TSTC achieve, please complete our application process.
Position Overview :
The Welding Instructor is responsible for providing quality instruction to students by ensuring student satisfaction through the classroom or laboratory setting according to program objectives.
Essential Functions :
- Will teach material from approved curriculum and develop daily lesson plans to include instructional aides.
- Will participate in school retention initiatives by providing regular, accurate, and timely feedback to students and the school concerning academics, behavior, attendance, etc.
- Will incorporate field experience and technical knowledge into learner-centered presentations that emphasizes interactive, hands on practice.
- Must be ready and willing to advise students on academic, career, and personal issues; thus promoting student growth.
- Will be responsible for creating practices to help self motivate students in all aspects of the education process.
- Maintaining expertise in subject area and recommending improvements in curriculum design is crucial.
Associate's degree from an accredited college or university. Three years of recent, relevant experience in Welding. Ability to utilize different methods and mediums in delivering course material. Competency in Microsoft Office, the Internet, and Management System Software is essential. Must demonstrate excellent interpersonal, influencing, and presentation skills. Proven track record of project completions, multi-tasking, and the ability to handle a high pressure environment with significant time line pressures.
Annual Salary :
$40,000 - DOE