Essential Skills And Experience (skills, knowledge, abilities, education, certifications, licenses)
• Thirty-six months related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Pharmacy Technician licensed in the State of California or Pharmacist for the CA campuses.
• To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Three years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret journals.
• Ability to effectively present information to management and/or public groups.
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Direct Reports To This Position
Physical and Mental Demands
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical- Standing, walking, sitting, handling papers and folders, ordinary talking, hearing and vision, lifting up to 25 pounds.
Mental- alertness, precision, ingenuity, problem solving, analytical, memory, concentration, judgment, writing ability, reasoning, initiative, patience.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, outside weather conditions, risk of electrical shock, risk of radiation, and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The person in this position is expected to adhere to all company policies and to act as a role model in the adherence to those policies.
Conduct, evaluate and deliver course information that will meet standardized requirements for Pharmacy Technicians based on industry standards. Ensure that students achieve the soft skills and technical skills that lead to employability.
Primary/Essential Duties And Responsibilities
• Teach one or more subjects within the Pharmacy Technician curriculum; recommend changes regarding textbooks and other aspects of the curriculum. Instructors are hired for 1 or 2 sessions.
• Prepare and deliver lecture and lab demonstrations as outlined in curriculum.
• Facilitate class discussions.
• Performs related duties such as advising students on academic and vocational curricula, and acting as adviser to student organizations.
• Ensure student’s conceptual understanding of employability skills.
• Research, update and augment lecture material and lab skills.
• Compiles bibliographies of specialized materials for outside reading assignments
• Actively participate in faculty staff meetings and in-service trainings.
• Directly supervise daily activities and tasks of students.
• Promote skills through demonstration and repetition.
• Organize and monitor field trips, guest speakers and other approved curriculum enhancements.
• Encourages use of support and resources systems including student services, library and other support organizations.
• Seek alternatives to improving student outcomes, reducing attrition and improving retention.
• Track and advise students of their academic and attendance progress.
• Demonstrate effective teaching skills and conduct tutorial sessions as needed.
• Assess student achievement and ensure accuracy of all student records.
• Stay current with trends in vocational education and allied health through professional development.
• Monitor student dress code and professional behavior.
• Follow State requirements for Continuing Education Units.
• Actively support campus initiatives, company policies and procedures, goals and student outcomes.
International Education Corporation - 15 months ago
International Education Corporation's history dates to 1982 when United Electronics Institute was founded in Los Angeles County, California....