Ohio University Upward Bound Program Summer Employment – (June 12th – July 27th, 2013).
Instructor needed for English (Writing and Composition)
Major duties include, but are not limited to:
* Teach/facilitate courses in specified subject area
* Develop and submit student progress reports
* Supervise teaching assistants assigned to the classroom
* Conduct evening tutoring sessions per contract agreement (2 to 4 nights per week)
* Prepare final summary report on each student in an effort to assist with their academic development in a subject
* Create and submit syllabi, lesson plans, and outline of the courses as they relate to the program’s objectives
* Submit a final evaluation of the course
* Attend weekly instructional staff meetings to discuss students’ academic progress
Applicants MUST have a state licensure/certification to teach and/or have at least two years experience teaching at the college/university level (professor, visiting instructor, etc.)
A minimum of two years teaching experience in the specific subject matter is required.
Applicants must also have a willingness to individualize instruction, accommodate diversity through learning styles, and work within program guidelines and deadlines.
Ohio University - 13 months ago