Full-time, Tenure Track position for Fall Semester, August 2013.
MINIMUM POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Information Technology or a related area. Qualifications to include 2000 hours of related experience.
- Programming experience in C++ and/or Java.
- Successful teaching experience preferred
- Demonstrated commitment to professional growth
- Commitment to the mission of the community college, and to teaching and motivating community college students in ways appropriate to their diverse backgrounds and learning styles
Including but not limited to:
- Teaching responsibilities will consist of a combination of web development, programming, and computer literacy classes; approximately 15 contact hours per week. Available to teach daytime, evening, and weekend classes, as needed
- Work cooperatively with the department, division, faculty, and staff throughout the College in striving for educational excellence
- General involvement as a faculty member in participatory college governance, advisement of students, assessment of student learning
- Responsible for writing new curriculum
- Support continuous quality improvement through participation in AQIP
Minimum Salary Range:
Application Required Materials:
Candidates who meet the minimum position qualifications should submit a current resume, an MCC Employment Application form, copies of transcripts and most recent certifications, and a statement addressing how you would enrich the educational experiences of MCC students.
Application Review begins January 27, 2013. Applications are accepted until the position is filled.
McHenry County College - 19 months ago