Under the direction of the Dean from the School of Pre-College, and under the supervision of the Associate Dean of Office of Bilingual Education, to teach bilingual GED English/Reading and/or Writing courses including teaching Basic Skills level 1-4 bilingual courses as needed. Include participation in curriculum development projects that prepares students for future college entrance, including team-teaching as needed. To participate in division and department activities as required.
1. Must have a Bachelor's degree with 20 credits in Math.
2. Must have at least four (4) semesters of teaching experience in bilingual education within grade levels 8th to 12th.
3. Must have academic background and/or experience (preferably both) in the teaching of the underprepared and those limited English proficiency students.
4. Must be able to communicate effectively through both oral and written means in English and Spanish.
5. Knowledge or experience with engaged and service learning strongly preferred.
6. Must be able to communicate effectively through both oral and written means.
7. Must have knowledge of assessment of student academic achievement techniques.
8. Must meet State of Wisconsin Technical College System (WTCS) instruction certification requirements. WTCS Certification Requirements Summary
9. Must meet Higher Learning Commission (HLC) standards (if applicable).
10. Must be able to relate successfully with students and staff of diverse cultural, social and educational backgrounds.
11. Teaching – Must embrace and demonstrate the MATC Core Abilities and Standards of Teaching Excellence in development and delivery of instruction.
MATC Core Abilities
• Communicate effectively
• Collaborate with others
• Respect diversity
• Demonstrate responsibility
• Think critically and creatively
• Utilize technology
• Apply math and science
• Demonstrate environmental responsibility
• Embrace change
Standards of Teaching Excellence
• Understanding Students and Fostering Student Success
• Classroom Management
• Content Mastery and Currency
• Teaching Methodology
• Assessment of Student Learning
• Professional Contributions
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS :
1. Ability to lift 50 pounds with or without accommodation
2. Ability to sit or stand for class duration with or without accommodation
ESSENTIAL TECHNOLOGY :
1. Email - Experience with an Email system (GroupWise, Outlook, Gmail…)
2. Telephone - Experience with a voice mail system
3. Computer - Experience with Microsoft Office Suite
SUPPORTIVE TECHNOLOGY :
Experience with or willingness to learn the following supportive technologies:
1. Online Information Management Systems - Experience with INFOnline or other online information management systems used for student advising, student programs, grading, class schedules and rosters
2. Blackboard - Experience with Blackboard or other web-based course - management systems
3. Technology-based Instruction - Experience with technology-based instructional delivery systems including SMART symposium, interactive touch screen monitors, LCD projectors, DVD players and/or other classroom technology
4. Emerging Technologies - Experience with emerging technologies (eg. social networking applications)
5. (Optional) Distance Learning Instruction - Experience with on-line, two-way video, ITV, and other methods of distance learning instruction
Salary is based upon education and experience. A Master’s degree and three years of related experience would gross an approximate beginning salary of $38.99.
Milwaukee Area Technical College (MATC) is not just for techies. The two-year college offers about 200 degree, diploma, certificate, and...