Management & Training Corporation (MTC) is a privately-held company that successfully operates Job Corps, corrections, medical, and international and domestic workforce development contracts. MTC has been serving disadvantaged populations for 30 years and employs nearly 10,000 workers. MTC is a rapidly-growing, innovative and competitive company that is the leading operator of Job Corps centers in the United States.
Springdale Job Corps Center , along with its satellite PIVOT program, is one of the top performing centers in the country, and consistently ranked high in high school attainment and career and technical training. Springdale is a residential and non-residential training program for approximately 160 youth, and its satellite center, PIVOT Job Corps, that enrolls 60 non-residential, female students. Springdale and PIVOT emphasizes a positive learning environment for students in trade, academics, as well as independent living skills and professionalism.
MTC offers a competitive wage and comprehensive employee benefits package. For more information please visit www.mtctrains.com .
CAREER TECHNICAL TRAINING INSTRUCTOR
This position is responsible for providing career technical training instruction to students in accordance with approved curricula. Among other duties, this position will:
- Provide student with career technical training instruction, direction and assistance in the area of Office Administration. Motivate and counsel student in areas of behavior, training, personal problems or study habits; coordinate with career development service and other staff as necessary to resolve issues affecting student training.
- Develop and prepare lessons; recommend curricula changes and supplemental materials.
- Utilize workplace language and behavior expectations in the shop and classroom.
- Maintain a safe and clean training area and shop environment that role models high standards for a work environment.
- Participate in providing hands-on activities for students as part of the career preparation program.
- Develop clinical or work based training sites on the center and in the community; monitor and document student progress at work based training sites monthly.
- Monitor labor market information; develop job placement plans and assist with placement of graduates.
- Model appropriate behaviors, mentor students when necessary and monitor both positive and negative behaviors through interventions.
Microsoft Office Suite, Instructor Level, Certification or valid Oregon Vocational Teaching License/Certification required. One year instructional experience preferred. Computer proficient. Must have a valid driver's license in the state of residence.
Veterans and Minorities Encouraged to Apply.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer!
Management & Training Corporation (MTC) prepares prison inmates for re-entry into society. It provides a variety of academic, vocational,...