INSTRUCTOR, COMMERCIAL REAL ESTATE (PART-TIME)
WEST ALLIS CAMPUS
CLOSING DATE : Until Filled
NATURE OF WORK :
Under the supervision of the Associate Dean, Business Division, to teach Commercial Real Estate courses. Related duties include participation in division and departmental activities and other duties as assigned.
1. Must have a Bachelor’s degree in Business or a related field.
2. Must have a minimum of three (3) years of professional level work experience in commercial real estate or related field.
3. Extensive knowledge of the Real Estate Industry.
4. Knowledgeable about abestos, lead based paints, weatherization, plumbing, HVAC, electrical codes and constructive framing.
5. Knowledge or experience with engaged and service learning strongly preferred.
6. Must be able to communicate effectively through both oral and written means.
7. Must have knowledge of assessment of student academic achievement techniques.
8. Must meet State of Wisconsin Technical College System (WTCS) instruction certification requirements. WTCS Certification Requirements Summary
9. Must meet Higher Learning Commission (HLC) standards (if applicable).
10. Must be able to relate successfully with students and staff of diverse cultural, social and educational backgrounds.
11. Teaching – Must embrace and demonstrate the MATC Core Abilities and Standards of Teaching Excellence in development and delivery of instruction.
MATC Core Abilities
• Communicate effectively
• Collaborate with others
• Respect diversity
• Demonstrate responsibility
• Think critically and creatively
• Utilize technology
• Apply math and science
• Demonstrate environmental responsibility
• Embrace change
Standards of Teaching Excellence
• Understanding Students and Fostering Student Success
• Classroom Management
• Content Mastery and Currency
• Teaching Methodology
• Assessment of Student Learning
• Professional Contributions
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS :
1. Ability to lift 50 pounds with or without accommodation
2. Ability to sit or stand for class duration with or without accommodation
ESSENTIAL TECHNOLOGY :
1. Email - Experience with an Email system (GroupWise, Outlook, Gmail…)
2. Telephone - Experience with a voice mail system
3. Computer - Experience with Microsoft Office Suite
SUPPORTIVE TECHNOLOGY :
Experience with or willingness to learn the following supportive technologies:
1. Online Information Management Systems - Experience with INFOnline or other online information management systems used for student advising, student programs, grading, class schedules and rosters
2. Blackboard - Experience with Blackboard or other web-based course - management systems
3. Technology-based Instruction - Experience with technology-based instructional delivery systems including SMART symposium, interactive touch screen monitors, LCD projectors, DVD players and/or other classroom technology
4. Emerging Technologies - Experience with emerging technologies (eg. social networking applications)
5. (Optional) Distance Learning Instruction - Experience with on-line, two-way video, ITV, and other methods of distance learning instruction
Salary is based upon education and experience. A Master’s degree and three years of related experience would gross an approximate beginning salary of $38.99.
Milwaukee Area Technical College - 2 years ago
Milwaukee Area Technical College (MATC) is not just for techies. The two-year college offers about 200 degree, diploma, certificate, and...