INSTRUCTOR, MACHINE TOOL (LTE-IN*)
LIBERAL ARTS & SCIENCES
~This is a two-semester LTE through December 20, 2013
CLOSING DATE : January 24, 2013
NATURE OF WORK :
Under the supervision of the Associate Dean, to teach conventional machining, CNC machining set-up and operations in a related and laboratory atmosphere; and to provide general support and curriculum assistance to learning activities in related subjects in the area of machine tool operations and programming. Related duties include participation in division and department activities and the performance of other duties as assigned.
1. Associate's degree or equivalent* with education or training preparing a person for the occupational area being taught. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
(Appropriate training may include vendor, manufacturer, in-service or other structured on-the-job training in the occupation.)
Each academic credit or equivalent credit shall be equal to 110 hours of occupational experience. At the discretion of the district, additional criteria may be required beyond the minimum certification requirements.
- Educational equivalency: Journeyman’s card in occupational area and 36 months (6,000 hours) of occupational experience or occupational experience combined with education and training preparing a person for the occupation totaling 7 years or 14,000 hours shall be equivalent to an Associate's degree.
2. Must have journeyman status as machinist plus five years experience in the field or the equivalent of the ten years experience in the machine tool field.
3. Must have a minimum of five years work experience in current machine shop operation including computer numerical control functions and CNC programming.
4. Progress towards a Bachelor’s degree is desirable. Journey level status with Bachelor’s degree preferred; or equivalency.
5. Ability to set-up, operate and program CNC turning and milling machine centers, conventional lathes and mills or single spindle, multiple spindle and CNC automatic screw machines.
6. Must have the technical knowledge required to teach adult vocational and apprentice students.
7. Experience in working with machining blueprints and inspection tools.
8. Must have current computer skills; CAD experience desirable but not required.
9. Teaching experience at the post-secondary level is desirable.
10. Must be able to work with a culturally diverse student population.
11. Must be able to communicate effectively through both oral and written means.
12. Must be able to interact successfully with staff, students and representatives from outside agencies.
13. Teaching – Must embrace and demonstrate the MATC Core Abilities and Standards of Teaching Excellence in development and delivery of instruction.
MATC Core Abilities
Standards of Teaching Excellence
- Communicate effectively
- Collaborate with others
- Respect diversity
- Demonstrate responsibility
- Think critically and creatively
- Utilize technology
- Apply math and science
- Demonstrate environmental responsibility
- Embrace change
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS :
- Understanding Students and Fostering Student Success
- Classroom Management
- Content Mastery and Currency
- Teaching Methodology
- Assessment of Student Learning
- Professional Contributions
1. Ability to lift 50 pounds with or without accommodation
2. Ability to sit or stand for class duration with or without accommodation
ESSENTIAL TECHNOLOGY :
1. Email - Experience with an Email system (GroupWise, Outlook, Gmail…)
2. Telephone - Experience with a voice mail system
3. Computer - Experience with Microsoft Office Suite
SUPPORTIVE TECHNOLOGY :
Experience with or willingness to learn the following supportive technologies:
1. Online Information Management Systems - Experience with INFOnline or other online information management systems used for student advising, student programs, grading, class schedules and rosters
2. Blackboard - Experience with Blackboard or other web-based course - management systems
3. Technology-based Instruction - Experience with technology-based instructional delivery systems including SMART symposium, interactive touch screen monitors, LCD projectors, DVD players and/or other classroom technology
4. Emerging Technologies - Experience with emerging technologies (i.e. social networking applications)
5. (Optional) Distance Learning Instruction - Experience with on-line, two-way video, ITV, and other methods of distance learning instruction
Salary is based upon education and experience. A Master’s degree and three years of related experience would gross an approximate beginning annual salary of $71,617.
Milwaukee Area Technical College (MATC) is not just for techies. The two-year college offers about 200 degree, diploma, certificate, and...