This course introduces the basic discipline of yoga. Topics include proper breathing, relaxation techniques, and correct body positions.
All activity instructors must dress out in proper gym attire for each class, must be able to communicate with both students and staff, must be present ten minutes before the class begins and available for meeting with students in an appointment setting, must be able to navigate a computer to submit grades and to communicate with students through Moodle, and must attend any required college functions.
1. Bachelor’s degree in Health or Physical Education or related field.
2. Current Yoga teaching certificate — preferably 250 hours minimum.
1. Master’s degree in Physical Education.
2. Two years of experience teaching yoga at the college level.
Special Instructions to Applicants
1. This course is for Yoga 1 only.
2. Official transcripts are required from the selected candidate prior to start date. Failure to comply may result in voluntary resignation.
Asheville-Buncombe Technical Community College - 16 months ago