About TSTC :
TSTC is the only state-supported technical college system in Texas. TSTC’s statewide role and mission is to efficiently and effectively help Texas meet the high-tech challenges of today’s global economy, in partnership with business and industry, government agencies, and other educational institutions. If this is a mission you could support and help TSTC achieve, please complete our application process.
Position Overview :
The College is seeking to fill an instructor position responsible to the welding department chair. Primary duties include instruction in: SMAW, GMAW, FCAW and GTAW welding processes, Oxy-fuel cutting and welding, layout and fabrication, and pipe welding and nondestructive testing processes. Must be a team player and have the ability to adapt to changing work environment.
Essential Function :
Minimum Qualifications :
- Teaching theory and laboratory courses in welding technology.
- Use and maintain a Learning Management System (LMS) for courses taught
- Developing and revision of competency-based curriculum in Welding.
- Assisting the Welding program continuous improvement and in compliance with Industry Standards.
- Recruiting students for the Welding technology program.
- Advising and registering students in the Welding technology program.
- Participation in departmental, College and related professional activities.
- Performing other duties as assigned by the department chair of Welding.
- This position may occasionally require you to work evenings and weekends
- Associate degree in Welding Technology required
- AWS CWI/CWE certification preferred.
- Current Welder certifications preferred.
- Teaching experience in a community or technical college Welding program preferred.
- Three years work experience in the field required.
Annual Salary :