Management Concepts, Inc. is recruiting for Instructors to join our Acquisition and Contracting Division to teach Federal Real Property Leasing courses as Independent Contractors. In this role, you will provide student-focused, competency-based, live classroom instruction in federal real property leasing. Courses are attended by federal realty specialist to satisfy their leasing warrant training requirements and others who must receive leasing training to exercise the leasing delegations received from the General Services Administration or building managers with responsibility for managing leased space. Travel is required You will address the following topics depending on the course you are asked to teach:
Education: Bachelor's degree is required, advanced degree is preferred
- Authority and foundation of the federal leasing process
- Leasing procedures
- Evaluation of offers. negotiation, and award of leases
- Fair and reasonable lease prices
- Lease administration
- General leasing clauses
- Alterations and repairs
- Documentation, closeout, and settlement
- Socioeconomic considerations
- Audiences my include federal employees that require this training to obtain or maintain their leasing warrants or others who must receive leasing training to exercise the leasing delegations received from the General Services Administration.
- Duties and Responsibilities:
- Present 5-day classes to groups of approximately 30 students
- Apply principles of adult learning in course presentations
- Deliver courses in accordance with instructor guide, student materials, and published course descriptions
- Adhere to course schedules
- Provide feedback on materials to curriculum development staff
- Deliver client-specific versions of courses in onsite presentations
- Necessary Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to clearly and accurately explain legal requirements and best practices in the federal real property leasing environment
- Thorough understanding of the federal real property leasing environment
- Hands-on familiarity with GSAR Part 570, the Federal Acquisitions Regulation as it pertains to leasing, and other federal regulations and policies that govern the federal real property leasing process
At least 10 years of recent experience working with federal real property leases to include work as a warranted realty specialist or other warranted individual with leasing experience.Recent instructional or presentation experience a plus.
Must complete an instructional skills course focused on delivery of student-centered training or have completed such a course within the last three years.
- Cradle to grave leasing experience is highly desired, including acquisition planning, solicitation, source evaluation and selection, and leasing administration
- Ability to answer student questions and support answers with citation to appropriate policy or procedures.