Successful candidate will be working on Custody Transfer Meters throughout the Praxair Pipeline System. Must have field experience working with pressure, temperature, and flow devices, as well as knowledge of control valves. Be able to perform detailed maintenance, calibrations and testing of all instrumentation and electrical equipment to ensure safe and efficient pipeline and/or processing operations consistent with Praxair's operations objectives. Provide detailed troubleshooting and programming modifications of pipeline control systems. Schedules and coordinates all daily activities with peer operations and supervisory personnel. Candidate must be proficient in reading and interpreting Electrical Schematics, P&ID's, and One Line Diagrams. Candidate must be able to work independently and/or interact as a team player with other peers and crafts.
Desired Technical Qualifications:
- Subject to operating personal computer.
- Requires travel primarily via company truck (some overnight) to remote locations throughout the system.
- Must be able to move about on foot and follow safety and emergency response procedures.
- Requires ability to work outdoors in weather extremes and near equipment with potentially high noise levels.
- Required to carry cell phone and respond to call-outs, potentially including weekends and holidays.
- Basic knowledge of the fundamental concepts, practices and procedures of instrumentation, control and electrical systems.
- Knowledge with Allen Bradley PLC, Fisher Floboss, and MC5000.
- Knowledge in pneumatic control systems.
- Basic understanding in the operation and mechanics of all types of electrical, measurement and instrumentation equipment.
- Basic understanding in troubleshooting and repair of all types of equipment pertaining to instrument/electrical trade.
- Basic computer skills using Microsoft Office Suite. (E.g. Excel, Word, and PowerPoint).
- Ability to communicate with individuals at various levels throughout the organization.
- Basic knowledge of dedicated Circuit ID's from various phone providers
High School Degree
Associates Degree in Technical Discipline or Equivalent
5+ years of related experience
Must have a valid State Drivers License
Number of Openings
N American Industrial Gas
Praxair makes lighter than air and heavier than air gases available for practical applications. The largest North American industrial gas...