Shell Downstream encompasses all the activities necessary to transform crude oil into petroleum products and petrochemicals, and deliver them around the world. Our Downstream businesses refine, supply, trade and ship crude oil worldwide, and manufacture, transport and market fuels, lubricants, bitumen, LPG and bulk petrochemicals for domestic, transportation and industrial uses. Altogether, the organisation employs some 65,000 people in around 100 counties.
Our Manufacturing business has the capability to process some four million barrels of crude oil per day, and operates in 35 refineries worldwide, producing gasoline, diesel, heating oils, aviation fuel, lubricants and bitumen. Delivering cutting edge technologies, our manufacturing sites contribute significantly to meeting the world’s energy needs.
At Shell our commitment is to satisfy the world’s need for energy with economically, socially and environmentally responsible solutions. We seek a high standard of performance, and understand that great ideas can change the world. If you want to work with a group of creative, ambitious and innovative professionals then you should consider Shell. We will provide you with the resources to put your ideas into action, worldwide opportunities to advance your career, and outstanding benefits and rewards that support your quality of life. Join us and let’s make a real difference together.
Provide instrumentation and control systems equipment engineering support, technical support, and technical assurance to ensure safe, reliable, and cost effective operation and maintenance of assigned production area.
The successful candidate will have instrumentation and control systems equipment technical responsibilities for portions of the expanded 600MB/D Port Arthur Refinery. Accountabilities include:
- Production Area focal point to ensure Control Systems equipment meets target reliability
- Ensures Control Systems equipment is in accordance with Shell DEPs, industry standards, and national electric codes. Verifies that designs, field installations, and repairs meet engineering standards
- Ensures Control Systems equipment procedures are up to date and technically accurate as assigned
- Identifies Control Systems threats and bad actors, and ensures action plans to address them are in place
- Initiates capital projects to address control systems issues
- Develops & maintains a 5 year reliability improvement plan for unit control systems equipment
- Provides coaching and technical support to the area Instrument Inspectors
- Assists in scope preparation for Turnaround repairs, Preventive Maintenance, repair, improvement, and modernization of major controls equipment
- Provides control systems equipment technical assurance support to Project Engineering and other technical groups
- Performs Management of Change reviews to ensure safe operation and design of equipment and related changes. Facility changes are properly documented and records are issued to appropriate parties
- Participates and/or leads incident investigations as required, especially on nuisance and unsuccessful IPF (Instrumented Protective Functions) trips
- Participates in Reliability Centered Maintenance analysis and establishes alarms and limits for equipment through Ensure Safe Production work process
- Weekly and monthly status & highlights documentation of CS equipment performance vs. target.
Application Deadline :
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer
- Minimum three (3) years of engineering experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
- Proven experience in instrumentation projects and/or instrumentation engineering support to a production unit preferred
- Demonstrated experience in a Refinery, Chemicals, Oil Wells, or Paper Mill preferred
- High proficiency of control systems equipment such as IPF (instrumented protective function) safety systems or DCS
- Proven experience with Field Bus, Honeywell Experion, Triconex, or Allen Bradley PLCs is preferred
- ISA membership or other National Electric Code membership preferred
Thursday 17 January 2013
Number of Vacancies :
In addition to the tasks outlined in this job description, you may be assigned other responsibilities as needed. The Royal Dutch/Shell Group of companies offers an outstanding benefits package. In order to be considered for this position, you must complete an online candidate profile. No phone inquiries will be accepted. Shell Companies in the U.S. are equal opportunity employers.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Shell - 19 months ago
Royal Dutch Shell plc is incorporated in England and Wales, has its headquarters in The Hague and is listed on the London, Amsterdam, and...