TEAS provides technical, engineering and integration support to the research, development, acquisition, test and evaluation of virtually all U.S. Air Force air-launched weapon systems, test and training range systems, and numerous air combat support systems. The objective of this 600+ person contract is to augment AAC’s organic capabilities for developing, testing, and fielding armament and armament support systems, including programs to support critical missions. We provide support to programs in all phases of the acquisition cycle, ranging from basic research and technology to deployment and sustainment engineering. Our services include technical engineering activities, requirements analysis, analysis of alternatives, technical risk assessments, modeling and simulation, information technology, test and evaluation, verification, and lifecycle support.
Participates in the testing of avionics, communications, and EW systems on ACC weapons systems. Builds, fabricates, installs, and removes instrumentation packages to collect data from test systems. Authors/reads/reviews/edits wiring diagrams using computer aided software. Reviews test requests and assists in the construction of new instrumentation equipment or modifications to existing systems. Coordinates with test engineers, data analysts, and aircrews in the execution of test missions. Troubleshoots instrumentation/avionics type systems to ensure system is gathering required data parameters and operating in accordance with design. Recommends modification or redesign of data collection systems to meet test objectives. Works closely with ACC units to ensure availability of test resources for instrumentation installation, modification, or removal in support of test activities. May be required to perform duties onboard test aircraft during flight-test missions.
The candidate must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret clearance. Requires at least 3 years of experience in the field of test and evaluation of new or modified aircraft, electronic, or avionics type systems or requires a technical degree (preferably EE) with experience in instrumentation and/or robotics. Knowledge and skill sufficient to independently fabricate and install data collection systems on aircraft/weapons systems is desirable. Knowledge of and experience working with digital aircraft busses, avionics, and communications systems is desired. Technical understanding of aircraft systems is highly desirable. Knowledge of and experience with ACC aircraft, aircraft systems, roles, and missions is desired. Must be able to communicate effectively orally and in writing. Must be able to work effectively as part of a test team. Proficiency in the use and integration of Microsoft Office applications is desired.
1. Higher than normal stress tolerance - 80%
2. Higher than normal flexibility to change - 90%
3. Noise level (flightline) - 10%
1. Inside office environment – 90%
2. Outside environment– 10%
3. Some travel required – 20%
4. Clear, concise, accurate communication – 100%
5. Need to work well with clients, supervisors, and co-workers – 100%
6. Ability to receive supervision – 100%
Equipment and Machines:
1. Electrically and battery operated computers and office equipment – 90%
2. Rental cars while TDY – 20%
1. Requires punctuality for scheduled duty hours – 100%
2. Must be able to work flexible and varied hours - 25%
3. Must be willing to work up to 16 hours in a day - 10%
4. Must be at assigned worksite 95% of time less accrued PTO
Other Essential Functions:
1. Must be able to work effectively alone, unsupervised or in groups – 100%
2. Must present smooth, knowledgeable, professional appearance to the government client – 100%
Jacobs Technology - 16 months ago