Harris Group is looking for an experienced and motivated individual to fill the role of Instrumentation and Controls Engineer in our Denver, CO office. This position will work with a multidiscipline group of engineers, designers, and drafters providing technical services to public and private sector clients. Responsibilities include control systems engineering, control strategy planning, automation designs, and design services related to power, oil and gas facilities planning studies, detailed analyses and designs, and construction services.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Assisting in control systems testing, equipment commissioning, field testing and system acceptance including operational readiness testing.
- I&C engineering and analyses related to various power, oil and gas, and industrial facilities. Knowledge of dams and hydroelectric related projects would be a plus.
- Supporting multi-disciplinary teams on engineering projects, with a demonstrated commitment to successful project delivery.
- Performing calculations and developing drawings and specifications for construction. Drawings for construction include process and instrumentation diagrams (P&ID's), network communication block diagrams, control panel details and instrument installation details.
- Reviewing electrical schematic diagrams and coordinating I&C requirements with the electrical discipline.
- Providing project administration including writing technical reports, gathering information, drafting proposals, drafting correspondence, tracking project costs and completing progress reports.
- Reviewing Contractor’s shop drawing and submittals regarding electrical and I&C work and investigating and developing engineered solutions to Contractor’s Requests for Information
- Performing design coordination with a nationally distributed group.
- Equipment selection, cost estimating, equipment layout and coordination with other engineering disciplines
- PLC, DCS, HMI and SCADA system planning, design, programming and upgrade
Experience with the above key duties and responsibilities required.
- Bachelors of Science in Electrical engineering, Mechanical engineering, or related degree required.
- Minimum of 6 years of experience in instrumentation and controls.
- PE licensure in Control Systems Engineering or Electrical Engineering is preferred.
We look forward to receiving your application!
Harris Group is an equal opportunity employer offering competitive salaries and excellent benefits. All your information will be kept confidential and according to EEO guidelines.