Work Location: Waverly, Iowa, United States
We are seeking an uncommon professional to join our team as a Licensing Specialist.
1. Licensing Process: ensure accurate and timely licensing results to positively impact the company's ability to generate revenue. Oversee the licensing and renewal process from start to finish. Organize, compile, and submit required forms/information to state insurance departments in order to obtain licenses/appointments for eligible employees within the complex CUNA Mutual field and credit union environment and diverse licensing requirements for all 50 states. Keep abreast of information on state laws and regulations pertaining to licensing and maintain compliance with regulatory issues.
Serve as the knowledge resource in one or more of the following areas:
CUNA Mutual Group - coordinate life, health, property, casualty, credit life, and credit disability licensing and appointments for CUNA Mutual Group which includes CUNA Mutual Insurance Society, CUMIS Insurance Society, Members Life Insurance, Inc. Assist representatives in obtaining non-resident licenses and appointments where needed.
CUNA Mutual Insurance Society - coordinate life, health, and variable licensing and appointments with CUNA Mutual Insurance Society. Assist representatives in obtaining non-resident licenses and appointments where needed.
CUNA Brokerage Services, Inc. - coordinate Financial Regulatory Administration ("FINRA") registration for representatives, credit union employees, and home office employees as required. Responsible for maintaining the vendor required database with state registration information.
Vendor Licensing - coordinate the appointment process with the variable annuity and variable life companies where the Broker/Dealer has selling agreements and the life and health vendor companies where CUNA Mutual Insurance Society has selling agreements.
MEMBERS Financial Services Program Contracting - coordinate the program contracts, amendments, and terminations. Responsible for maintaining Rep Info Center and the Product 07 Table with current program status. Facilitate contract mailings ensuring notifications are sent within contract guidelines.
Other areas such as Surplus Licensing, CUNA Mutual Group Mortgage Assurance, CUNA Mutual Group Mortgage Insurance, and other proprietary companies..
2. Problem Resolution - Working within the complex environments of CUNA Mutual, field marketing structure, and various state and federal insurance regulations, research and resolve all levels of licensing issues from basic to complex. This includes issues such as requirements for changing state of residence and the impact on the license, impact of not meeting a Continuing Education deadline and consequence on the status of the license, making a sale in a state where the representative is not properly licensed or appointed, etc. Serve as the licensing liaison between sales and credit union staff, which may include company legal staff and/or credit union CEO's regarding escalated issues.
3. Communication - Communicate with state regulatory agency personnel for the purpose of addressing technical and non-routine inquiries, and obtain status updates for all pending licensing submissions. Review documents received from regulatory agencies to determine probable action. Work with state insurance departments to ensure compliance. Communicate effectively with home office (e.g. compliance or legal), field, and credit union employees to help them understand licensing requirements and ensure time lines are met. Communicate effectively with all customers through the telephone or written correspondence. Proactively notify the appropriate people regarding license renewals and continuing education requirements.
4. Data Integrity - Maintain database for tracking the activity of submissions, beginning with the initial mailing date to approval date. This is critical to our Business With Integrity commitment to ensure only someone who is legally licensed and appointed can sell our products. Ensure accurate data, timely information, and see that data interfaces with the appropriate policy administration systems. Create and provide ad hoc reports as needed, using the licensing software.
5. Customer Focus - Strive to meet or exceed customer expectations. Contribute to a positive working environment, with a spirit of teamwork. Strive for continuous process improvement.
1. Minimum high school education with one to two years of post-secondary education preferred.
2. Strong keyboarding skills and experience using a variety of technology tools.
3. Strong organizational skills and ability to work under deadlines and strict regulatory issues.
4. Demonstrated strong oral and written communication skills.
5. Ability to work both independently and collaboratively as situations require, with solid problem resolution skills.
6. Knowledge of insurance licensing processes and regulations strongly preferred.
7. Knowledge of CUNA Mutual Group and field marketing structure or experience working with field structures or credit unions
Along with an excellent benefits package, our staff is engaged, rewarded for performance, and encouraged to grow professionally and personally. Our future is driven by our people, and our people are driven to deliver value through innovation, involvement and determination. If you want to be recognized for your results and empowered to reach your potential, we urge you to apply.
In return for your skills and contributions, we offer highly competitive compensation and benefit packages, significant professional growth, and the opportunity to win and be rewarded.
Experience Level: 1-3 years
Area of Interest(s): Administrative
Type of Job: Full Time
Job ID: SLF20130210-62244
CUNA Mutual Group - 11 months ago