This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Anesthesiology. This position is for the Medical School Campus located at 4533 Clayton Road.
Works under directive of departmental administration to perform tasks in all areas of the Anesthesia Billing Office as needed to include charge capture, collections, registration, research study accounts, low pay appeals and special projects as assigned.
1. Performs trending analyses for accounts receivable and communicates to management any systematic problems.
2. Keep current on payer changes to analyze how these changes affect each billing area within the Department.
3. Performs collection follow-up duties to include verifying accuracy and completeness of claims, contacting insurance companies, and other related duties to expedite payments from various payers for physician services.
4. Performs the task of ensuring the accuracy of registration and insurance plan/FSC information on patient accounts.
5. Accurately completes charge entry process of charges in the Anesthesia module of IDX/GE.
6. Identifies research study participants to bill other departments within the School of Medicine for services rendered by Anesthesia.
7. Learn all aspects of Metavision – IDX/GE interface.
8. Assists supervisor in the review of accounts submitted by collection staff.
Equivalent of High School diploma with 3 to 5 years of previous billing or insurance experience required. 2 years of college or business school preferred.
- Possess excellent communication, organization and interpersonal skills.
- Extensive knowledge of IDX/GE.
- Detail oriented and possesses problem solving skills pertaining to identification of insurance issues at registration and Anesthesia specific coding guidelines.
- Working knowledge of computers, general office equipment.
The hiring range for this position is $16.55 to $20.69 per hour.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Washington University offers a variety of benefits:
Please visit our website at http://hr.wustl.edu to view a summary of benefits.
- Retirement Savings Plan
- 22 vacation days
- 8 Paid Holidays
- Sick Time
- Tuition benefits for employee, spouse and dependent children
- Free Metro Link/ Bus pass
- Free Life Insurance
- Health, Dental, Vision
- Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
- Long Term Care Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Other Benefits
Washington University in St. Louis is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and encourages applications from women, ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
Washington University in St. Louis - 10 months ago
Washington University in St. Louis (WUSTL) is the gateway to higher education for more than 13,000 students. Founded in 1853, the independen...