Under the supervision of the Patient Access Sr. Manger, the Insurance Verifier is responsible for creating a positive first impression of UCSD for all patients, customers and internal staff members. Insurance Verifiers must be able to perform financial clearance for a variety of patient services including pre-registration, eligibility and specific benefit verification, pre-certification, authorization and accurate calculation of patient liability.
SPECIAL CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- A minimum of three (3) years previous registration/patient access/insurance verification experience in a large, complex healthcare setting.
- Must have a thorough working knowledge of third party insurance payers and Federal/State public programs.
- Must be highly proficient with MS Office applications (Excel, Word).
- Demonstrated knowledge of medical terminology
- Ability to interact effectively with the public, including patients, visitors, clinical and support staff.
- Must possess the ability to multi-task, demonstrate proficiency in computer skills and exhibit excellence in written and verbal communication.
- Have excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing.
- Possess the personal characteristics of professionalism, credibility, commitment to high quality standards, innovation, and accountability.
- Must be able to work various hours and locations based on business needs.