The Integrated Care Psychiatrist/Consultant will provide psychiatric evaluation and medication management services to adults and children with a focus on those persons who also receive in-house primary care services. The Integrated Care Psychiatrist/Consultant will serve as a psychiatric consultant to the primary care providers. Job responsibilities include:
Evaluation and Management of Psychiatric Clients 75%
· Complete psychiatric evaluations for children/youth/adults, as required, following agency documentation guidelines – with a focus on those clients who also receive in-house primary care/pediatric services
· Follow persons served for whom psychiatric medication is prescribed.
- Obtain and monitor lab work as required
- Facilitate the hospitalization of persons served requiring inpatient care.
- Assist indigent persons with medication needs by being aware of and using free medication programs.
- Provide medication education to persons served and their significant others, when possible.
- Ongoing assessment of needs in life areas in addition to psychiatric needs (i.e. physical health, employment, housing, financial, etc.) and making referrals to in-house staff for follow-up.
· Maintain agreed upon level of productivity.
· Maintain documentation standards as required
· Participate in quality improvement activities related to improved health outcomes for persons served
· Participate in team meetings with staff who have clients in common with the Integrated Care Psychiatrist
· Review and sign care plans as needed
Psychiatric Consultation 20%
· Serve as psychiatric consultant to primary care staff
· Provide education to primary care staff regarding behavioral health diagnoses and treatments
· Be available to primary care staff to provide “curbside consultation” as needed
· Be available to primary care staff to provide psychiatric evaluations and recommendations for their primary care patients
· Participate in primary care morning huddles and team meetings as needed
· Be the primary psychiatrist to provide psychiatric evaluation and begin treatment as needed for new clients who have had a recent psychiatric hospitalization
Other Responsibilities 5%:
· Complete disability determinations and other paperwork/forms as required
· Other duties as assigned
· Currently licensed to practice medicine as a physician/surgeon in the state of Missouri.
· Successful completion of a training program in psychiatry approved by AMA or ACA.
· Board Certified or Board-Eligible
The Integrated Care Psychiatrist/Consultant receives supervision from the
Medical Director, Behavioral Health.
Crider Health Center is a Community Health Center serving the mental, physical, and dental health needs of citizens of Franklin, Lincoln, St. Charles, and Warren Counties.
Join Our Team
We welcome inquiries from qualified individuals who want to be part of a team of hardworking, dedicated and compassionate employees whose work helps us aspire to our vision of full, healthy, productive lives for everyone. Crider Health Center welcomes all people regardless of race, age, gender, religion, education, nationality, ethnicity, family circumstance, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, and physical or mental ability.
Crider Health Center
- 22 months ago - save job