GS5, LLC, a Northern Virginia based Limited Liability Company, provides a range of analytical, acquisition, and business management support services and products to Intelligence and Command and Control communities within the Department of Defense. Privately owned by the principle founders, the company leverages its domain expertise in intelligence analysis, program and business management methods and management tool development. GS5 provides a range of analytical, program and business management support services for the Joint Battle Command and Control and intelligence communities.
In 2008, GS5 was named Prime Contractor of the Year by the Small Business Administration, was also voted one of Virginia’s Top 100 Diversity Owned Small Businesses. In 2009 and 2010, GS5 was named to the Inc 500 list, as one of America’s Fastest Growing Private Companies and received honorable mention distinction on the Washingtonian Magazine’s Great Places to Work list.
GS5 is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Position Description :
Minimum Qualifications :
- Integrate data from multiple disparate sources into a unified, fused database while maintaining traceability to its original sources.
- Input and store raw IED incident data from multiple disparate databases including the IED incident lists and commercial data feeds and reports (e.g. Triton), into the Global IED (GIED) Database.
- Collect all data related to presumed IED incidents, evaluate the veracity of each record based upon a Government-approved methodology and reconcile duplicate and conflicting data.
- Input the verified data into the Global IED (GIED) database developed by the Government.
Update the data as additional information becomes available.
- Conduct data conditioning to enable interoperability among multiple data formats, correlate associated data, and integrate the data into a unified, fused database while maintaining traceability to its original sources; the unified and fused data shall support user-defined access using existing and follow on analytics tools.
- Coordinate data integration and content management activities and actions in accordance with JIEDDO's DDIEM Knowledge Management governance, strategy and policies as directed by the COR and/or TPOC.
- Develop subject matter expertise in IED’s and IED related topics as per the information contained in the Weapon Technology Intelligence (WTI) IED Lexicon
- Develop knowledge and expertise of the classified and unclassified sources used to populate the database.
- In particular, become knowledgeable of the different open sources pertinent to specific geographical areas and shall develop an understanding of the veracity of these sources.
- Provide feedback to the Government regarding additional sources that should be incorporated into the GIED and shall provide suggestions for improving GIED data entry formats and work flow.
- Deliver reports, briefings, and presentations as required.
Essential Duties of the Job :
- HS Diploma is required.
- Knowledge, expertise, experience, and well-developed online searching skills related to foreign Internet, websites, media and social media sites with necessary language and cultural understanding to explore, assess, and provide meaningful and actionable information to current and future efforts across JIEDDO is required.
- Advanced comprehension of web browsers and browsing, search engines, and advanced search queries is required.
- Experience in critical thinking and analytical skills to determine trends and patterns from an adversarial perspective is required.
- Language Proficiency is desired at Professional Working Proficiency Level 3 or higher as defined by the Interagency Language Roundtable; Advanced foreign language reading and comprehension skills in the languages listed below:
- Priority 1: Arabic (Middle East), Arabic with a North African dialect, Arabic with a Yemeni dialect, Russian, Spanish, French
- Priority 2: Farsi, Pashto, Urdu, Chinese, Portuguese, German, Indonesian/Malaysian, Turkish, Swahili
- Knowledge of culture is required for any area the languages are used, minimally including ethnicity, race, religion.
- Minimum cultural knowledge level should be at a level required of DoD or State personnel assigned for duties in foreign countries to a level based on experience derived from living or working in the specific areas for at least two years.
- TS/SCI security clearance is required.
- Occasional travel to CONUS locations will be required.
Physical Demands and Work Environment :
- Ability to communicate information in a clear and concise manner.
- Must be able to sit and stand for prolonged periods of time, as well as lead and participate in meetings and working groups.
- Requires visual acuity to use a keyboard.
- Must be able to attend work each day, during scheduled hours, unless on travel or approved time off.
- Ability to work on a computer for long periods, and communicate with individuals by telephone, email and face-to-face.
- While performing duties of job, employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hand to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear.
- Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- May be exposed to chemicals related to office equipment.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate (i.e. general office environment).
- 401 (K) w/ up to 4% Company Match
- Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Basic & Supplemental Life Insurance
- Short & Long Term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Annual Bonuses
- 10 Paid Federal Holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Wellness Plan
- Corporate-Sponsored Events
GS5 - 23 months ago