Intent to Non-Renew (INR)
FALCON SCHOOL DISTRICT 49 DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE ON THE BASIS OF RACE, COLOR, NATIONAL ORIGIN, ANCESTRY, CREED, RELIGION,
SEX (WHICH INCLUDES MARITAL STATUS), SEXUAL ORIENTATION, DISABILITY, OR NEED FOR SPECIAL EDUCATION SERVICES
March 13, 2013
Intent to Non-Renew (INR) .5 Special Education SLD Teacher - Woodmen Hills Elementary School
Based on Education & Experience - Salary Schedule available on District website -
District 49 credits each year of verified full-time/full-year K-12 teaching experience up to a maximum of
ten (10) years
- Due to a multi-year district-wide pay freeze, experience will be reduced by the number of years veteran staff members have been frozen. Example - if pay freeze has been in effect for 3 years and the new hire provides 10 years of verifiable experience; 7 years of experience will be granted and the new hire will be placed on step 8.
- For the 2012-2013 school year, 1 year of experience will be deducted
1/2 of remaining contract days between date of hire and May 30, 2013
There are no benefits such as leave time, health, dental, vision or life insurance associated with this .5 position
PLEASE REVIEW THE APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS BELOW AND
FOLLOW ALL INSTRUCTIONS
COMPLETELY FOR YOUR APPLICATION TO BE APPROVED FOR POTENTIAL INTERVIEWING
Qualifications and Expectations:
- BA/BS from accredited college or university
- Valid Colorado License endorsed in area of assignment -
Special Education Generalist or Special Education Moderate Needs
- Additionally candidate must have a passing CO PLACE or PRAXIS II (exam #10014 or 5014 only) in Elementary Education
- VETERAN TEACHERS ONLY WHO HAVE HELD A VALID TEACHING LICENSE ON OR BEFORE JULY 1, 2006 AND WHO HAVE HAD AT LEAST 1 YEAR OF ELEMENTARY LEVEL TEACHING EXPERIENCE
- Please upload a copy of your teaching license that was in effect on or befoer July 1, 2006 - even if expired
- Upload a full and complete resume listing work experience and grade level
- Ensure that all transcripts including any AA/AS transcripts are uploaded
- If you qualify under federal no child left behind guidelines you may not need to provide the CO PLACE or PRAXIS II exam results
- This is for veteran teachers only
- Student centered and student focused
- Ability to differentiate instruction to meet needs of all students
- Create positive classroom environment
- Ability to guide learning to increase student achievement using appropriate curriculum
- Meet state and local standards
- Excellent collaborative/learning skills
- Effective Classroom Management skills
- Falcon School District 49 is home to more than 15,000 students
- Nine (9) Elementary Schools, three (3) Middle Schools, three (3) High Schools, one Alternative
Middle/High School and an Online Virtual Academy
- Falcon encompasses 133 sq miles of rural and suburban areas
- Rapid growth in the last five years has made this district one of the fastest growing in the state
- Falcon offers early childhood programs, special education inclusion, gifted and talented programs, v
ocational career academies and has a working relationship with Pikes Peak Community College
For your application to be deemed complete, you must complete the following:
: Charter school employees are not District 49 employees.
- If you a current employee - para-educator, substitute, etc. do
check the box on Applitrack that says 'yes' when asked if you work for District 49.
- INR employees are not considered internal applicants
- There are disclosure questions which must be answered which will not be visible if you state that you are a current employee. If you have a profile on Applitrack already, ensure that the 'Yes' box is not checked.
Upload a copy of your valid CO teaching license
Upload all PLACE or PRAXIS II test scores if required of posting
full and complete transcripts
beginning with your Bachelors degee - salary placement is based on education and experience. Ensure that your Applitrack application experience section is fully completed
Official transcripts will be required upon hire so
please order transcripts now
if you do not have official transcripts in your possession. Transcripts need not be in a sealed envelope however must be on official university/college paper. Color copies will not be sufficient.
Answer all questions on the application including all disclosure questions.
Upload letters of reference
Interviews are site-based and
conducted by the Human Resources office. If you have questions regarding the status of an open position, you may contact the site where the vacancy is located.