ESI Design is one of the world’s foremost experience design firms. As an interdisciplinary team of problem solvers, designers, and doers we work at the intersection of physical, digital and social design.
Whether we are inspiring customer-centric innovation for international corporations or inventing new ways to activate public institutions, our mission is the same — to inspire conversation, collaboration, and action
ESI is looking for an Interaction Designer to work as part of a cross-disciplinary team developing experience designs for a range of clients and project types, such as retail, exhibits, innovation centers, web, mobile, and large-scale media in both public and private spaces. The Interaction Designer will be responsible for designing the digital media experiences, in collaboration with the design team, as part of an integrated experience for a physical space.
The Interaction Designer should be able to contribute to creative concepts by providing innovative ideas that can be executed but which push at the boundaries of what is possible. The designer must be comfortable with a human-centric approach, in which the experience and use of technology always serve the needs of the user. The candidate should be able to clearly document and communicate the user experience for various personas and environments. Knowledge of software and media platforms, as well as hardware, and its limitations is important.
- Ideation with a focus on interaction design, working with project teams during research, concept, design, and production phases
- Collaborating closely with design teams and principal designer
- Facilitation of design process through synthesis of existing data and aspiration of end state
- Presenting designs internally to design team and externally to clients
- Preparation of design documentation and presentation materials from early concept through UX and IA production documents such as wireframing, use cases, writing, diagramming, creating flowcharts and storyboarding
- Preparation of documentation to provide external vendors with information to complete software and media development bids
- Oversee junior designers in asset production
- Expertise in designing hybrid digital/physical experiences
- Strong understanding of digital production techniques
- Good presentation and communications skills and demonstrated ability to work well with team members
- An advanced degree specializing in interactive technologies, interactive design, multi-disciplinary design, or equivalent experience
- Familiarity with project landscape and precedents for digital/physical experiences
- Knowledge of software and media platforms for web, mobile, and large scale displays
- 5-7 years experience in the field
If you feel you are a strong candidate for this role, please email your resume, Subject Heading: Interaction Designer.
Indeed - 12 months ago