University of California Office of the President
University of California, Office of the President
Salary: $55,300 - $118,300
Location: Oakland, CA
Requisition #: 20120629
Closing Date: 12/10/2012
We are looking for an exceptionally cross-talented user interaction and visual designer (UI/UX designer) to help us define and create simple, intuitive, high-quality user experiences for a suite of web applications covering a broad range of business processes. The designer is a professional resource answering customer questions and guiding decisions about usability and user interaction, as well as validating solutions through testing. The UI designer quickly turns abstract requirements and use case documentation into concrete design specifications (i.e., workflow diagrams, UX wireframes, and style guidelines), converts UX design into pixel-perfect visual design, and then works with backend programmers to build frontend implementations using HTML/CSS best practices for standards compliance and web accessibility. The designer validates application usability via multiple usability testing methodologies and incorporates results into current and future releases. The designer works closely with customers, technical staff, support teams, QA, and other major stakeholders in development projects, communicating effectively and working within defined project constraints. The designer maintains a core solutions library that is leveraged to build applications more efficiently, with highly consistent quality and usability.
HOW TO APPLY: For a complete job description or to apply for this position, please visit:
- BS/BA in Human Computer Interface, interaction design, graphic design or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 4-6 years of experience practicing user-centered design and web development.
- Solid understanding of user-centered design principles and web design best practices/standards.
- An online portfolio demonstrating examples of your visual style, strong eye for visual design, and ability to understand and solve complex UX problems. Demonstrated expertise in interaction design principles, tools, and design products (site maps, wireframes, user flows, personas, process models, etc)
- Demonstrated knowledge of Web Accessibility principles and experience in building for web accessibility.
- Clear, concise, and logical communication skills, both written and spoken, which demonstrate the ability to effectively gather and communicate user experience requirements from clients and transfer a clear understanding of UI implementation to team members
- Skilled with the tools of the trade: Photoshop, Illustrator, or other graphics tools; wireframing tools like Visio and Axure; software for capture of user behavior
To review a complete list of UCOP's open positions, please visit the UCOP’s Employment Website: http://jobs.ucop.edu/
University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer
Copyright ©2012 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
University of California UCOP - 19 months ago