IML Interactive Operator – Live Events / Conferences
First steps of your career… get in at the beginning of something new. Due to the success of our company we are expanding our West Coast Operations. An opportunity truly worth investigating - travel, work in a very social , expanding and dynamic industry, gain client responsibility, recognition and develop further your technical and customer skills .
About the company
IML Ltd, part of the global Computershare group is the world leader in group response interactive technology. Our numerous applications are used throughout the live event industry, from product launches to training seminars, shareholder meetings to Gala dinners. Events can range from 10 to 5000 attendees. Our valued clients across the globe include Fortune 500 companies such as Coca-Cola, Ford, Cisco and worldwide names such as AstraZeneca, Unilever, UBS, HSBC.
About the role
This position can be based in El Segundo or San Francisco.
Travel to venues across North America and overseas taking ownership of the technical project management of the interactive elements of an assigned live event. Proactively engage with clients to make the best possible use of the IML solutions. Consistently deliver events to the highest of standards so as to further the IML reputation for quality of service and to encourage repeat business. Events are interspersed with days in the office. An office day will be unpredictable and varied. You could be involved in the production of your next show or someone else’s, project work, business development and supporting other team members.
Producing the interactive elements of a ‘typical’ event may include taking a detailed brief, attending planning meetings, advising clients. Keeping accurate job details is critical alongside thorough testing of all programming. You will produce presentation content with IML software, PowerPoint and other packages, set up equipment on-site, rehearse, operate the audience response system during the live event , pack up equipment and provide post-event analysis.
Comprehensive training will be provided in both IML software and hardware, as well as a mentoring/buddying approach to help new employees gain invaluable on-site event experience.
About you – the right individual will demonstrate:
Travel approx 50%. Hours vary, weekends and public holidays may also need to be worked. For any work carried out at these times Time off in lieu is given in addition to PTO. When not out on events, office hours are 9 am to 5.30 pm, Monday to Friday. Competitive salary - dependent on skills and experience. Wide range of benefits including health, dental, generous PTO, 401 K, employee share plan, insurance.
- A Bachelors degree or work Bachelor's degree (BA or BS) from four-year college or university; or one - two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Confidence and ability in professional customer-facing situations, demonstrating a strong understanding of the client dynamic
- Have good general knowledge of IT, and be comfortable with technical roles
- Be proficient in the use of Microsoft PowerPoint
- Cope well with pressure
- Work well in team environments
- Organizational / project co-ordination skills
- Enjoy traveling and being flexible
- Practical and self-motivated with self initiative
- Have a drivers license, passport and must be eligible to work in the United States
- An ability to lift loads up to 50 lbs
GET THE BEST OF BOTH WORLDS - Work in a small, fun, professional team that’s part of a larger global network working with leading industry clients.
Monster - 14 months ago