An Intern/Cooperative Associate is a temporarily employed full-time college student in an accredited four-year institution of higher learning, who is offered a work-study program designed to give college students practical work experience in their field of study. This program often helps students determine career interests. Beyond the scope of the actual tasks performed, the student becomes familiar with a corporate environment and gains practical skills and knowledge to supplement their classroom experience.
- Researching, interpreting, analyzing and printing GIS maps.
- Assisting Associate GIS Analysts with internal and external requests.
- Creating GIS shape files.
- Inputting and interpreting information into the Real Estate Department’s land management database.
- Assisting others in Real Estate Services with requests and projects.
Candidates must meet the basic qualifications to receive consideration.
Enrolled in an accredited college or university program.
Enrolled in a curriculum leading to a baccalaureate or masters degree in Geography, GIS or a related field.
Enrolled on a full-time basis (12 semester hours). Students may not continue as a Co-operative Associate once they have graduated.
Have an acceptable overall grade point average, generally not lower than a 3.2.
Eligible to work in accordance with Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services (BCIS) regulations.
Able to provide an official student transcript and other required information.
18 years of age or older.
- Able to work in a team environment.
- Able to demonstrate good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Familiarity with GIS mapping.
- General understanding of real estate concepts.
Equal Employment Opportunity
PPL is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity and the strength it brings to the workplace - M/F/D/V
PPL Corporation - 18 months ago
PPL Corporation, with 2013 revenues of $12 billion, is one of the largest companies in the U.S. utility sector. The PPL family of companies...