Position: Internship - Accounting & Finance
Location: 8701 Georgia Ave, Silver Spring, MD 20910
Type: Part-Time Position (20-25 hours per week)
Compensation: $10.00 per hour
SDSE is seeking an Intern to assist the Accounting & Finance team with various projects for 2-3 months (June-August).
- Data entry and data migration of exisiting data into new systems
- Assurance of data integrity and proper formatting
- Creation of complex financial reports to support the accounting team
- Assisting the Accounting Manager and Lead Accountant with various related projects
- Submit status reports to the Director of Finance on a weekly basis
- Other duties as assigned
- Currently enrolled or recently graduated from a Bachelor's Degree program with a focus on accounting, finance, economics, or a similar discipline.
- Strong skills in regards to Microsoft Excel
- Proven leadership skills
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Must have effective problem solving skills, a proactive and resourceful disposition, and a tenacious attitude
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment, focused on transparency, accountability, cooperation, and communication
SDSE is an 8(a) Veteran-Owned Small Business headquartered in the Washington DC metro area with offices nationwide and about 300 employees. SDSE is an award-winning professional services firm with a proven record of enhancing government and business operations; delivering effective, cost conscious solutions while adhering to strict standards of quality to ensure mission success. Core competencies include Management & Business Support Services, Information Technology, Administrative & Facilities Management, and Engineering Services. We deploy a responsive, flexible, and innovative approach to achieve the needs and goals of our clients and pride ourselves on the support we provide our employees to be successful.
SDSE is an equal opportunity employer (EEO)