Security Benefit (SB) fosters strong partnerships to provide insightful and customized retirement solutions for employers and individual investors nationwide. Through a broad advisor network and its nationally recognized money managers, Security Benefit provides mutual funds, annuities and retirement plans and programs. As an industry leader in service technology, Security Benefit affiliates also offer business processing and broker/dealer solutions tailored to the financial services marketplace. We seek Actuarial Interns for our Topeka, Kansas Office.
The Intern will be exposed to many aspects of the company's day to day activities, especially how the day to day operations of a Financial Services company work. Interns will also assist with varying aspects of product valuation and product development.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Conduct data analysis
· Assist with updating and improving reports, spreadsheets, and documentation
· Developing and utilizing calculation tools in support to pricing and valuation
· Special projects
Students eligible for the internship will be fulltime students available to work approximately 20 hours per week. Student will be expected to work during and in between semesters. This is not a summer only internship.
· Fulltime college student in Mathematics, Actuarial Sciences, Finance or Computer Science at the sophomore to Graduate level
· Commitment to pursue an actuarial credential demonstrated by preparation for Society of Actuaries-administered exams or exam credit
· Advanced Excel knowledge/skill required
· Experience with Visual Basic coding , Access, and/or C++ (highly preferred)
· Strong GPA in major and in all areas of study
· Strong written and verbal communication skills with proven organizational skills required
· Accuracy and the ability to be very detail oriented are crucial
· Initiative, ability to work independently, meeting deadlines and interacting professionally with all contacts are also qualities required
Send This Job to a Friend
Security Benefit Web - 5 months ago