Security Benefit Corporation, a successful, national provider of retirement plans and services, is interviewing now for an Actuarial Intern in its se 2 subsidiary. se 2 is a business processing and technology services provider for the Annuity and Life Insurance Industry, providing life and annuity processing for both active and passive or “closed” blocks of business. Our core focus is offering third party administration (TPA) and business processing outsourcing (BPO) for Client Companies. se²’s platform has received national recognition by Dalbar for our quality service delivery and competency, as well as by leading technology organizations such as Forrester, Microsoft, and CIO Magazine for our technological advancements.
Strategic to se²’s success is the formation of an actuarial capability positioned to transform a client’s administrative processing environment to se²’s administrative processing model. This position will assist with analysis, reconciliation and problem solving relating to converting clients to the se² platform and with its ongoing administration. The Intern will be exposed to many aspects of the company's day to day activities, especially how the day to day operations of a Financial Services company work. Interns will also learn to interact with other professionals in a business environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Input and verification of quotes;
· Conducting Data analysis;
· Assist with updating and improving reports and spreadsheets;
· Developing and utilizing calculation tools to complete client requests
· Special projects
· Fulltime college student in Mathematics, Actuarial Sciences, Finance or Computer Science at the sophomore to Graduate level; Advanced Excel knowledge/skill required;
· Experience with Visual Basic coding , Access, and/or C++ (highly preferred);
· Strong overall GPA, as well as in actuarial science and mathematics;
· Strong written and verbal communication skills with proven organizational skills required;
· Accuracy and the ability to be very detail oriented are crucial; and
· Showing initiative, working independently, meeting deadlines and interacting professionally with all contacts are also qualities required.
· Hours needed for internship:
· At least 3 hours per day – prefer 1 P – 5 P, Monday through Friday
Consider joining our progressive team in our nationally recognized company. Visit the career section of our website www.securitybenefit.com to complete the online application and submit your resume. EOE
Send This Job to a Friend