A ten week internship program designed to provide valuable career experience for students who wish to apply their education and skills in a fixed-income-oriented work environment. This is an intensive program that mirrors the responsibilities of an entry level position within the Firm. Participants get on-the-job training as well as technical and business-oriented education. The intern will work in the Client Service & Marketing Support Department.
- Updating and maintaining consultant databases
- Use of Word, Outlook and RFP Machine, as well as internal systems
- Cultivation of relationships with Product Specialists, Client Service Executives, and other departments of the Firm to facilitate responses needed to complete the RFP process (fixed income knowledge is a plus)
- Interface across departments to resolve issues; terminology, translations, descriptions and data issues.
- Other duties to be assigned
- Candidates should be in the process of completing a 4 year degree in finance, accounting, business administration or a related major.
- Candidates should be exploring the career opportunities available to them within the financial services field, with a desire to learn about and participate in a Fixed Income environment.
Rising junior, or rising senior with a proven record of academic excellence and achievement.
Legg Mason's feats include wealth management and mutual fund management. The financial services firm has several subsidiaries that...