The purpose of this internship is to create a corporate history multi-media library and oversee corporate events to support Renewable Energy Groups internal and external brand awareness while offering an educational and empowering internship experience resulting in multiple portfolio pieces.
· Company History Multi-Media Library
o Work in close coordination with CEO/President and Corporate Affairs team to outline a plan for collecting and archiving corporate history via multiple mediums
§ Oral: videos, audios of speeches, interviews with people whose histories are intertwined with that of the company.
§ Written: archival material, previous histories, annual reports, company newsletters, past promotional campaigns, executive speeches plus the ubiquitous "stuff" in boxes
§ Visual Display: photos, ads, memorabilia
o Create a sustainable archiving system to prepare REG for upcoming milestones and anniversaries
o Coordinate employee anniversary outing and support external tours/meetings in accordance with provided budget outline
o Serve as a leader for the large intern class in preparing for the company picnic/outing
o Serve as a positive public ambassador for the firm
· Corporate Communications
o Aid in internal rebranding program including print and electronic projects
o Research and write articles for staff newsletter to advance corporate culture and information processes
· Must be knowledgeable in preparing for interviews and recording and archiving interview content in multiple mediums
· Communicate both orally and in writing
· Organize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
· Be self-motivated with strong attention to detail
· Use of editing and recording software necessary.
· Ability to work both in a team and individually.
· Other duties as assigned
BASIC MENTAL AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
· Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This position requires continuous sitting for long periods of time, high levels of concentration, extensive telephone communications, manual dexterity to input and access information through a computer terminal, frequent math and algebraic calculations, moderate analytical ability, and visual ability to read computer terminals and detailed reports for extended periods of time. Some mobility required to move throughout the office and production areas. Ability to lift and carry at least 75Lbs. Some overnight travel required.
· General office working conditions with extended periods sitting while operating computer terminals. Significant amount of time spent viewing computer terminal or reading detailed reports.
· Extended, flexible work hours or travel as needed or required by industry or corporate situations
· Education Required : Junior, senior or graduate standing. Experience in broadcast journalism, public relations strongly desired. Event management-experience a plus.
· Experience in petroleum, energy, or agriculture a plus but not required.
Skills Required : Ability to use office equipment (computer, calculator, copy machine, and fax machine). Basic math and language skills along with organizational skills needed for completing the essential functions of this job. Must have/maintain current drivers license and meet REG insurance guidelines to operate corporate vehicles.
Renewable Energy Group, Inc. is an operator, marketer and distributor of biodiesel. During the year ended December 31, 2006, the Company...