A ten week internship program designed to provide valuable career experience for students who wish to apply their education and skills in a fixed-income-oriented work environment. This is an intensive program that mirrors the responsibilities of an entry level position within the Firm. Participants get on-the-job training as well as technical and business-oriented education. The intern will work in the Information Technology – Application Development Department.
- Activities include but are not limited to: contributing to design sessions, coding, code reviews, unit testing, integration testing, supporting beta testing, bug fixes and documentation.
- Model business components, services, processes, and systems. Understand design patterns, and their applicability. Create and maintain common components and services using a layered architecture that will be used by several projects.
- Translate end user computing requirements for use by the Corporate Technology Department. Communicate system changes and processes to appropriate personnel, documenting any processes as necessary.
- Trouble shoots system failures and discrepancies. Recovery solutions are evaluated, selected and implemented. Communicate discrepancies determined in testing to impacted areas and monitors resolution. Analyze performance and design inefficiencies.
- Designs and tests systems and/or systems changes accurately to insure system efficiency, integrity, productivity and maintainability.
- Sets appropriate goals and priorities that coordinate with the business areas and other organizational units and resources.
- Abide by and promote common standards and best practices.
- Other duties to be assigned.
- Candidates should be in the process of completing a Master’s degree in computer science, electrical engineering, or a related major.
- Candidates should be exploring the career opportunities available to them within the financial services field, with a desire to learn about and participate in a Fixed Income environment.
Master’s level student with a proven record of academic excellence and achievement.
Western Asset Management - 10 months ago
Legg Mason's feats include wealth management and mutual fund management. The financial services firm has several subsidiaries that...