World Central Kitchen is a non-profit organization based in Washington DC founded by chef José Andrés with the mission of Using the Power of Food to Empower Communities and Strengthen Economies. World Central Kitchen has begun its journey in Haiti, where we are investing in innovative solutions to hunger and poverty.
World Central Kitchens main focus is to enhance cooking and feeding practices for vulnerable people through sanitary kitchens, clean cooking fuels and stoves, culinary curriculums, training and support of local business.
World Central Kitchen will develop partnerships that allow for a holistic approach to changing lives and uplifting communities. Partnerships will allow for the complete analysis of the client’s needs, to include research, community planning, and business assessment. WCK will play the role as it relates to our mission of Using the Power of Food, and as such will focus on creative Design, Equipment acquisition.
The Intern will report directly to the Executive Director of World Central Kitchen, who will
serve as a mentor and supervisor for the duties included under this assignment. The
intern will work from the World Central Kitchen offices in Washington DC. The intern will
contribute to development and communications functions of the organization.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee layout and content of monthly E-Newsletter
- Assist with design and layout of general marketing and communications publications
- Manage fundraising database and acknowledgement process
- Write press releases, facebook posts, Tweets, and articles for the website
- update website (language, cosmetic changes)
- Assist with event planning and promotion of events
- Research funding prospects and write grant proposals
Experience and Qualifications Required
- Self-motivated and able to work in a cooperative, busy, diverse environment
- Creative, Organized and detail-oriented
- Ability to set and meet deadlines
- Proficient in Indesign, Word, Excel, PowerPoint with fundraising database experience
- Graphic design experience, experience using Adobe In Design - knowledge of HTML and web design a plus
Or PT internship - 8-12per week
- Hours: Full time internship - minimum of 30 hours a week with ability to telecommute