Innovate with us as you spend your summer with the Kellogg. Grow with us as you work with a progressive, dynamic group of professionals. Engage with us as you explore different competencies and enrich yourself as you work for a company that delights the world through foods and brands that matter.
WHAT WILL I BE DOING?
In your role as an Engineering Intern at Kellogg, you will be part of our success by:
WHAT DO I NEED TO DEMONSTRATE?
- Studying work processes through classic work measurement assessments including Time Studies, flow charting, and writing Standard Operating Procedures.
- Assisting with implementation of standard work across several job functions. This will involve comprehensive work study; observations, analysis and improvement of tasks activities to improve productivity.
- Utilizing Workflow documentation of information for processes and functions studied by means of comprehensive data collection & documentation
- Developing analytical & statistical tools, processing flow documentation, database queries, reports, and related items to aid this effort.
- Recommending workflow, equipment, or other changes based on analysis to improve material flow, storage & processing capacity, cycle time, and productivity
- Providing direct support to Industrial Engineering staff in daily analytical activities & projects through hands on participation in an office & production environment
- Collaborating with multiple internal departments and interface with various levels of employees & management to complete tasks.
As well as a hunger to learn and succeed in Supply Chain, to be considered for this position you must be able to meet the following requirements:
Proficiency with computer-aided design software, Visio or AutoCAD
- Ability to work both the summer and fall
- Achieving a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above
- Candidate must be a Junior or Senior status in Mechanical Engineering Bachelors program.
- Excellent PC skills and proficiency with Microsoft applications
- Excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills
- Strong analytical, research, and related skills
- Solid project, time, and self management skills
WHAT ELSE DO I NEED TO KNOW?
- MS Access or similar Database experience, a plus
- Ability to work independently and in a collaborative environment
- Modeling experience, particularly work flow modeling/simulation, preferred
Kellogg Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer who strives to provide an inclusive work environment that involves everyone and embraces the diverse talent of its people.
Where required by state law and/or city ordinance; this employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. For additional information, please follow this
for English or this
Kellogg Company - 14 months ago
In 1906, W.K. Kellogg saw a better way. Healthier food and a healthier work place. “I’ll invest my money in people,” W.K....