UAS Test Engineering Intern reports to the UAS Test Engineering Manager and provides technical and administrative support to the test engineering team. An AAI internship is a Mentorship position, designed to serve both an immediate objective of providing engineering support personnel, and a long term (5 year) strategic objective of internally developing exceptional engineering talent. Assignments will include specific engineering tasks selected for educational challenge and growth, as well as general support tasks necessary to assist the Engineering staff.
Engineer I positions may include specialties in Aerospace, Software, Electrical, Mechanical, Systems and Test. As an entry level professional, an Engineer I will perform basic engineering assignments requiring application of standard techniques, procedures, and criteria, using judgment in making minor adaptations and modifications.
Detailed tasking includes:
- Providing assistance during laboratory test activities
- Review and maintenance of test documentation
- Assistance in requisition development and tracking
- Collection, entry, and organization of test data
- Maintenance of databases and other tools
- Organization and maintenance of meeting notes
- General administrative assistance to the UAS Test Manager and team
- Undergraduate student majoring in Enginering or Physics with at least 4 semesters completed.
- GPA of 3.2 or higher required.
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Ability to organize and prioritize assigned tasks
- Ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Familiarization of Microsoft Office Suite of software (Word, Excel, Power Point, Visio)
- Familarization with data entry and maintenance in database programs
The ideal candidate is an engineering student with strong potential to develop into an outstanding engineer, as evidenced by 'success indicators' such as:
1) Advanced academic record, with emphasis in Applied Mathematics, Physics and Engineering Design principles.
2) Evidence of a natural aptitude in Engineering, with emphasis on both the practical and theoretical aspects of the engineering profession.
3) Demonstrated leadership and personal motivation.
4) Evidence of high potential for exceptional achievement.
5) Team player mentality and evidence of good interpersonal skills.
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and/or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR)., Non-U.S. persons selected must meet eligibility requirements for access to export-restricted information. , The ITAR/EAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Feb 19, 2013, 12:10:24 PM
Textron (and its subsidiaries) participates in E-Verify. We will provide the U.S. Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employer’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Textron - 14 months ago
AAI flies high, with or without pilots. AAI makes aerospace and defense systems, including unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) systems for the US...