Kyocera Industrial Ceramics Corp has a great opportunity for a 5-6 month paid internship in our engineering group. This position will provide a variety of engineering support on projects including drawings, administrative support, and documentation.
Duties, Responsibilities and Purpose: Assist a group of 5 engineers on a variety of manufacturing related engineering projects.
(Tasks listed are intended to be descriptive and not restrictive. An employee in this position may perform any of the tasks listed; however other duties may be assigned.)
Specific Job Responsibilities:
- documenting manufacturing processes as well as installing and monitoring control systems all of which must be done with employee health and environmental protection in mind.
- assisting with design drawings, installing and commissioning new production processes and tooling, monitoring modifications and upgrades, and troubleshooting existing processes.
- Making observations and taking measurements directly, as well as collecting and interpreting data from the other technical and operating staff involved.
- Preparing reports, entering data, drawings, and flow diagrams and charts.
- Training operators and machinists on specific processes and parts.
- Work closely with Quality Assurance team and Sr. Engineers on processes and parts release.
- All other duties as assigned.
Required Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Active college studen ( jr level preffered) with Technical degree coursework; Engineering or related field (Ceramic, Industrial, Industrial Design, Mechanical, etc.)
- Ability to work well with other people, both internally and externally.
- Computer skills : proficient with MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point).
- Willingness to work in production environment and get hands dirty.
- Knowledge of statistical process control (SPC) and production planning.
- Working knowledge of calibrated measurement tools.
- Ability to pass a background check and drug screen. US citizen or US National with ability to obtain ITAR clearance
- Ability to speak verbally and hear. Vision required in the job includes close vision and reading a computer screen.
This position is on a bus line and will be 20 - 25 hours per week; it will not be eligible for overtime or benefits. The position will be VERY hands on and training will occur on the job and in the manufacturing enviroment. KICC is proud to be a EEO employer.
Indeed - 30+ days ago