EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED: (list required and preferred separately)
- Provides support for Facilities Maintenance and Engineering including equipment projects, engineering studies, and process improvements.
- Provides technical support in scheduling, tracking and execution of engineering projects and duties related to Facilities Maintenance.
- Performs activities such as design and qualification of equipment, renovating manufacturing processes, troubleshooting and improving machinery reliability.
- Creates manufacturing documentation such as SOP’s, drawings, and equipment specifications to initiate equipment or process qualification.
- Successfully promotes professional working relationships within Operations, R&D, contractors and other involved business functions.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES: (list required and preferred separately)
- Required: Active student in 3 rd or 4 th year of undergraduate studies pursuing a B.S in engineering in good academic standing.
- Preferred: Prior internship or co-op in a manufacturing or medical device industry.
This position may require the use of personal protective equipment during various tasks/activities including but not limited to, gloves, masks and safety glasses.
- Required: Ability to work with engineers, skilled technicians and management to resolve technical issues.
- Required: Ability to manage and complete projects and assigned duties with limited supervision.
- Required: Ability to organize and prepare internal data and documentation according to company policies for assigned projects.
- Required: Ability to effectively communicate information both orally and written.
- Required: Experienced with software including Microsoft Excel, Word, and Powerpoint.
- Preferred: Previous equipment or process improvement experience in the bio-medical industry.
- Preferred Working understanding of AutoCad, Pro E, or SolidWorks software.
List activity requirements and percentage of time : KEY: Not at all (0%), Occasional (1-33%), Frequent (34-66%), Constant (67-100%)
Climbing: Occasional (1-33%) Bending: Occasional (1-33%) Kneeling/Crawling with force: Not at all (0%)
Pulling: Occasional (1-33%) Reaching Above Head: Occasional (1-33%) Twisting at waist: Occasional (1-33%)
Lift above shoulders: Occasional (1-33%) Lift from floor level: Occasional (1-33%)
Light work: Ph ysically handle objects up to 20 lbs. occasionally.
Stand for 6 hours/day Sit for 6 hours/day Perform repetitive tasks/motions Have good manual dexterity
Have good eye/hand/foot coordination Hear alarms/telephone/normal voice Have Clarity of Vision
Near Acuity ( Clarity of vision at 20 inches or less) Far Acuity ( Clarity of vision at 20 feet or more) Distinguish colors
WORKING CONDITIONS: Biomedical manufacturing environment. Potential hazards include exposure to:
Hazardous chemicals: Occasional (1-33%) Blood or body fluids: Not at all (0%)
Extreme conditions, hot or cold: Occasional (1-33%) Communicable diseases: Not at all (0%)
Saw Blades, needles or other sharp objects: Occasional (1-33%) Unprotected heights: Not at all (0%)
Moving mechanical parts: Frequent (34-66%) Latex exposure: Occasional (1-33%)
RTI Surgical - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard -
RTI Biologics Inc. makes use of natural tissues and technologies to produce orthopedic, cardiovascular and other surgical implants that...